Post your pics/art here!

Those aren't bad at all, steelie. They're very expressive, and the poses look very relaxed.

Random quick doodle...I don't think I've drawn anything Sonic related since I was a kid >_>

ec182vo.jpg

Here you go, Speedwagon! Let me know if you have any questions. And if you want a Part 2.

MGhWHbl.jpg

Screenshot%202016-07-05%2022.47.04.png

Sorry for late ass response. I meant to post this a week ago but life literally dragged me away from my computer for the whole week and all... but uhhh. Where do I go from here? xD

if you want you can also suggest colors that I can use for this thing. the color choices I made are WIP and I have no idea what colors would look nice with this design. lolz.
yes pt2 pls

Last edited:
Dude....that is already looking sick and you're only on the base colors. Next is to choose a light source, and add the first layer of shading accordingly. If light is coming from the top right, shade the bottom left of any non-flat shapes on the character. If it's coming from behind the character, keep the outer edges bright, shade the inner areas. etc.

Do the shading on clipping layers.
For the darker shade, you can simply make it a darker shade of the base color, or choose some kind of color scheme and experiment with darkness+color change.

Last edited:
wByDG8B.jpg

Franke & Heidecke Rolleicord camera on a Manfrotto MT190XPRO3 tripod with MHXPRO-3W 3-way head - EF 28-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS USM - 135mm, f/5.6, 1/400, ISO 200

Okay, this one wasn't exactly sharp before some PP, but I think it looks fine now.
I could've used a tripod (not really, handholding at 135mm and 1/400 in full daylight is more than fine) but oh, the irony, it was right over there.

Looks awesome MotorRoach. Obviously, this is still a work in progress, so you may have been planning it anyways, but I have one suggestion, which I think might add a bit more impact to the animation.

When Knuckles finishes his animation, the last few frames are quick and give him a bit of a bounce/powerful finish, arriving at the final pose with a strong impact. I think it would look good if Sonic and Tails had that same kind of bounce/strength at the end of their animation.

Aside from that, I have nothing else to add. The characters and their poses all look awesome.

Last edited:
This is a legit sprite rip taken straight out of the Sonic Mania data.

emi_by_motorroach-dabgff1.gif

But seriously, made this out of my hype for Mania.

Still terrible hands...

To be fair her left hand looks alright at least, maybe her fingers a little stretched and thin but otherwise there's not much wrong there. Her right hand could definitely use some work to not appear so disfigured, but at least it looks half-way to being an anatomically accurate hand? =P

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back