My suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RenegadeC

Hello I'm new to these forums but have played SRB2 for awhile, I thought of the following things that will help gameplay.

A) Shadows, I don't care if it's even a dithered circle sprite drawn under the character but it would make it a lot easier to judge platforms under you for jumping on/gliding over. This would help gameplay a lot as I see it.

B) Controls TOO Fast. Sonics acceleration among other characters accelerate very quickly, if you jump and then hold forward he moves pretty damn fast (like half way across the room fast). Perhaps this could be toned down a bit?)
Sonic Adventure had it down perfectly, perhaps you could mimic it's speed a little more?

Thanks, that's all.

Yes, and it's glued to the top of the board with some sticky glue. Read stickied posts before you make your own. It's simple internet etiquette that shouldn't be ignored.

And shadows are already in SRB2. "shadows on" in the console. Or something like that. I don't bother with it, it's just a silly square floor texture that doesn't render right.

Yeah, by the way, Sonic is the fastest thing alive! That's why he goes so fast, duh! I thought the acceleration was actualy quite perfect.

I personally think the acceleration is a bit slow, but that's because I play as other characters more often.

You guys should play some more Sonic Adventure, it's easy to control for all characters; which is how it should be for a platformer game.

Ummm, I do! Don't jump to conclusions about everything dude, that's why most of the people on this forum actualy get somewhere in there lives, cause they don't jump to conclusions

Yes, yes, we've all played Sonic Adventure, we all know everyone wants to turn SRB2 into "Sonic Adventure Fangame Thingy So Everyone Can Mod It" or something like that... ... ... Why don't you just use analog mode if controlling characters like in SA is easier for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back