Resource icon

[Open Assets] LauncherBlast2 reBoot

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
This is insanely useful alongside the custom gamedata script, since it needs your characters and everything to be in the same order every time, and this lets you save a list specifically to do that. Thanks a lot! I've been playing the game with all of the custom characters that have a 3D model in Jecks Jims set, and have been having a blast using Modern Sonic on Gamepad using the Simple Camera setup. It's kind of like a lost Saturn game somewhere between the Classic and Adventure games.

Good update!

Another bug: The launcher crashes if you don't have an internet connection, probably because it's trying to fetch the SRB2 news and it can't. I've been out of internet the last few days so I found that out the hard way.

Thanks for mentioning this! I've fixed this issue, it was actually caused by live version checking, as it sends a web request to a random file to ask what version string it has lmao

now if it times out it'll just print an error in the console window, so on slower internet connections you may miss updates, i have yet to finetune the time-out delay.

Might be a bit much to ask, but is there any chance of some kind of controller support? At least the ability to hit A and start the game would be nice. A lot of game launchers allow that, off the top of my head the newer Hitman games support gamepads. It just lets controller players pick up their pad one step earlier, or even two steps earlier if they ran the launcher from something like Steam Big Picture.

Help,so when i tried to run it,it is always a console and does not run,can anyone help me?

I love this launcher, HitCoder. JSON API config FTW!

I have but minor suggestions:

• replace the pyInstaller-Icon with a custom icon
  • run pyinstaller with --noconsole and log into a log file
This would give it a more finished feeling in my opinion, keep up the good work!

edit: excuse me, I overread the crashing part

Last edited:
Do not touch the eye candy
Lines:
Watch where you put that at!
Can you get me a lemonade

It doesn't work!

The Unix Version runs but it doesn't do anything, it just runs the windows command prompt and leaves, and then I tried the windows version because I have windows and AVAST detects it as a virus called Win32-Trojan-gen. Is there really a virus in this file or is it a false alarm?

Hey gamers just wanna apologize for not updating this for centuries, and in addition i'd like to apologize in advance for long wait times for updates and fixes. This launcher just didn't have much traction as a lot of this stuff can now be done in-game so I didn't really sustain an interest in mainenance of this launcher. With that in mind, I will most likely eventually come back to this, because anything that's out on the internet is on a to-do list even if the priority is low, and I never take things off of that mental to-do list, i just forget :)))

Might be a bit much to ask, but is there any chance of some kind of controller support? At least the ability to hit A and start the game would be nice. A lot of game launchers allow that, off the top of my head the newer Hitman games support gamepads. It just lets controller players pick up their pad one step earlier, or even two steps earlier if they ran the launcher from something like Steam Big Picture.

I don't really know enough about python and pyqt to be able to implement this at this time, maybe when i finally get around to updating it i could implement this

Now this is one seriously slick launcher. A huge improvement over the old version.
Thank you! I was pretty proud of the presentation of this one, which makes a change :P

Help,so when i tried to run it,it is always a console and does not run,can anyone help me?
I'm not sure why this is happening. I need to run diagnostics and fix this launcher at some point. I apologize in the meantime, and cannot guarantee a fix very soon due to personal issues, but it'll come eventually!

I love this launcher, HitCoder. JSON API config FTW!

I have but minor suggestions:

• replace the pyInstaller-Icon with a custom icon
  • run pyinstaller with --noconsole and log into a log file
This would give it a more finished feeling in my opinion, keep up the good work!

edit: excuse me, I overread the crashing part

Thank you! I will definitely take this advice/these tips when I do get around to updating the launcher ^^

Is this a easier way to create servers? or do you have to the things to make it
?
Could you re-phrase that question? This launcher probably makes it easier to host servers as it lets you save configs. It's also an easier way to host dedicated servers (if that even works, i forget if it's broken or not orz)

Dang. Minecraft new launcher is great.
poggers dude i'm glad you found my inspiration :oops:

When I run the exe it just seems to sit at the terminal. Help please?
I'm not too sure why this happens, but I'll look into it whenever I can

The Unix Version runs but it doesn't do anything, it just runs the windows command prompt and leaves, and then I tried the windows version because I have windows and AVAST detects it as a virus called Win32-Trojan-gen. Is there really a virus in this file or is it a false alarm?

Not sure why the unix version is failing like that. hm.
And no. there is no virus. I use Avast too and can confirm, that steaming pile of garbage antivirus is prone to false-positives. If you have any doubts the pyz file is a zip file that python can run; open it with 7zip and look at the code if you want, lol.

Not sure why the unix version is failing like that. hm.
And no. there is no virus. I use Avast too and can confirm, that steaming pile of garbage antivirus is prone to false-positives. If you have any doubts the pyz file is a zip file that python can run; open it with 7zip and look at the code if you want, lol.

Huh, okay :)

EDIT: :) is cuter than ... anyways

I have a bit to say.
1. You don't have a lot of server hosting options.
2. We cannot host servers with addons from the launcher!

So I made an exception and it just doesn't work.

I restored the file from the Virus Chest and added an exception, ran the program, and it sat at the terminal for a while and then said some words that were only there for like a split second so I couldn't read them. I made a split-second reaction and screenshotted the text the third time I saw it, and it says this:
unknown.png

This Launcher always takes anywhere between 15~30 seconds to finish booting for me, discouraging me from ever using it cuz of how slow it takes to open (when I could probably just boot the game from .exe and then load my favorite few addons manually in less time).

Is there any advice you can give on how to get this program to boot past the console any faster?

.pyz files are probably source code. It is not an executable that runs standalone.

Is there any tutorials to open pyz file?
That's probably just the Python source code for the launcher. The executable you actually would want to run comes as an EXE.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back