Next-gen console discussion thread

Radicalicious

eternal swagularity
So, the next generation of video game consoles is already upon us with the Xbox Series X/S and the PlayStation 5. I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on the new systems and how they compare to the last generation's consoles. I myself won't be buying one, since I'm going to be building a new desktop system soon, but from what I've seen, they look promising. One of the things that caught my eye was the backwards compatibility with last-gen consoles, which would really help since I skipped a generation of Xbox titles when I chose to not get an Xbox One. I think the fact that some titles are enhanced when playing on a new system is an added bonus, too. One thing that I wasn't a fan of however was the purely digital consoles that cannot use game discs. Most, if not all of my games I purchased before 2018 or so are all on disc, like my Xbox 360 Halo games and Grand Theft Auto 5 on my PS4, meaning I would not be able to experience them on the new consoles if I were to buy the cheaper models. Those are just my thoughts however, considering not everybody shunned digital games for the longest time. I'm sure there are some people that are willing to buy them for price-related reasons, however. I'd like to hear what everybody else has to say about these consoles, though!

My opinion on what the new generation of gaming will be like

To be honest Xbox is kinda shitty right now because the Xbox one x series is supposed to be a new generation of Xbox consoles but it's basically another Xbox one while with the PlayStation 5 it's actually an entirely new console but once again PLAYSTATION NEEDS MORE CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE GAMES TO BE SUCCESSFUL which is why I feel like Nintendo will become the new best video game console company again because Nintendo has been doing things right for a while now even with covid-19 being a thing like for crying out loud we have still have been getting new smash Bros dlc even today, so that's my opinion on the new generation of consoles right now so thanks for reading.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back