Competition isn't listed as an "official gametype" in the Standard Room Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sizzle

Competition isn't listed as an "official gametype" in the Standard Room Rules

Lw3SS6a.png

Looks like a simple oversight.

Last edited by a moderator:
It isn't a Critical bug, It doesn't make the game "Unplayable" either .

Last edited:
It isn't a Critical bug, It doesn't make the game "Unplayable" either .

I don't recall claiming it did either of those things. All I said is that it was a simple oversight. Just because an accident was trivial doesn't mean it shouldn't be reported, I'd think.

There's a character limit in play here, and there's not enough room to add the other gametypes in.

Last edited:
Is an explicit list of each official gametype needed? Perhaps the wording could be changed to say "This room is for vanilla SRB2 gametypes" or "Gametypes you can select from the Host Game menu". Keeping the full list out of the description future-proofs it, as an added bonus.

This brings up another interesting point. What about gametypes from modded EXEs? Perhaps a seperate room for games played on unofficial EXEs should be added? I'm not quite sure if there's sufficient demand for that. Can somebody vouch?

Modded EXEs don't even show up for other versions. There's no point in forcing them into Casual. As far as lua gametypes go, I don't see a problem with them staying in Standard as long as the objective is to play the gametype seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back