Not open for further replies.

DarkFireTheHedgeHo

The Uncontrollable Flame
(UPDATE: Grammar Nazi's)
Hello.
I need help hosting net-games.
Every-time host one and within the hour no one comes,
I don't know if my ports are ported wrong or what,
and every-time i go on the server i make sure at the MS and i see my name but cant see a query of my game. (no rhyme intended)
I need help.
Thank you for your cooperation and help.

Last edited:
hello.
i need help hosting net-games
every-time host one and within the hour no one comes
i don't know if my ports are ported wrong or what.
and every-time i go on the server i make sure at the MS and i see my name but cant see a query of my game (no rhyme intended)
i need help
thank you for your cooperation and help
try forwarding your ports

Well, I learned how to do it at PortForward.com. It's a bit confusing to navigate the site, but it can teach you a lot. You don't have to download their program, by the way.

wasn't THAT hard

I was confused by all of the instructions at the website. I just thought HOW HARD CAN IT BE!!!!? so I just went to NETWORK and clicked on then router icon and It wasn't really that hard to figure out.

(I had FIRST already opened a port <5029 UPD> in my firewall)
(you need to open a port before doing any forwarding)

The problem about portforward.com, while helpful, has an advertisement to PFconfig even though you don't need it. Some users think that this is what they need to forward their ports, and don't realize that it isn't part of the instructions. If you skip the advertisment though, you should be able to configure your router using the steps they give you.

Configuring any router follows similar steps.

1. The first step is to type your default gateway into your address bar. It is normally 192.168.1.1. If you see a screen asking for your username and password, then you typed the right thing and go to step 3. If not, go to step 2.
2. Here is how to find out your default gateway if it isn't 192.168.1.1. Click on Start, then click on run, then type in cmd. This will get you to the command prompt. Once you are in command prompt, type in ipconfig. It should look like the image below.

halpf.png

The thing in red is the number you are looking for. Type that into the browser.
3. You will have to figure out what your default password and username is. On Linksys routers its "admin" for both user and password. On Netgear Routers its "admin" for username and "password" for password. If it is neither of these are your router, then you can either find that out in your router manual or find it out on the port forward site (just ignore the PFconfig stuff and skip the advertisement.)

4.Look for a tab with a name like, "Port Forwarding" or "Applications and Gaming"
5. If your router asks you whether to open ports for TCP or UDP select UDP. Some routers offer a from port ___ to port ___, you would put 5029 on both.

6. The IP you want it forwarded to can be found using ipconfig. Click on Start, then click on run, then type in cmd. This will get you to the command prompt. Once you are in command prompt, type in ipconfig. It should look like the image below.
640px-Ipconfig.JPG

Look for the IP address and type that into the IP address that you want the ports to be forwarded.

Someone should probably make that a guide or something.

Then you are either doing it wrong or you might not have a router. But there could be many other reasons as well. Maybe if you could tell us what you did we might be able to help you.

Last edited:
I got this problem too. I try to do what Torgo said, I put my gateway thingy in the adress bar, it wants me to put username and password (Of my computer account, right?), so I put them, but it wont work. It says something about "401 unautorized" or something like that and wants me to install something old that doesn't work from acme, help please?

No, it is your password to your router. I have put some default passwords on my post, but yours may be different. If it is different, then either find out what your username and password is in your router's manual, or go to the portforward site and BE SURE TO CLICK SKIP ADVERTISEMENT WHEN IT SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT PFconfig. You don't need PFconfig to forward your ports.

The name of the application doesn't matter, you can just leave it blank.

Yes, it keeps changing please give me a tutorial so i can do it or just do something to make it work.
Thanks!(if you do it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back