Pokemon Heartgold & Soul Silver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got Soul Silver today, and It took 5 tries to beat the first gym leader because Falkner's Pidgeyoto (I probably spelled that wrong, yay) kept spamming roost and gust. I had to go catch like, 3 Geodudes so I could they could be defensive punching bags while I used potions on my other weaklings.

Well.. got 3 Badges so far, so I might as well post what team I used for the 3rd Gym Leader

Pikachu
Lv. 20
Hardy
Thunder Wave
Signal Beam
Surf
Volt Tackle

Note : This Pikachu is NOT a hack, it was downloaded from Pokemon Battle Revolution and it knew Surf. (Only used during Trainer Battles.) I also made it know Signal Beam. *Was Transferred from Platinum.*
-----
Bayleef
Lv. 20
Docile
Energy Ball
Synthesis
Razor Leaf
PoisonPowder

Note : Only used this one for the Trainer Battles, just to get a few EXP.
-----
Croconaw
Brave
Lv. 20
Cut
Water Pulse
Bite
Rock Smash

Note : Seeing as Rock Smash is a Fighting Type move, which Normal Type are weak at, only used it most of the battles, mainly the Gym Leader.
-----
Quilava
Lv. 21
Navie
Quick Attack
Flame Thrower
Sunny Day
Dig

Note : Only used for Trainer Battles, I kinda sent him out for the Gym Leader just to get some of the EXP.
-----
Blissey
Lv. 100
Brave

Note : Not going to post the move set, but this one wasn't used in any battle at all. It knows Softboiled, which means I can recharge my other Pokemon's HP without using Items in between battles, it has 671 HP. Not to mention it won't listen to me during battle anyway. >_>
-----
If your wondering how I got all the Johto starters, I got their Eggs in Platinum and just transfered the Eggs over to Heartgold. (I also took a few TMs, which is why Bayleef knows Energy Ball, and Quilava knowing Flamethrower.)

I had Chikorita as my starter.

I am still at Lv. 20-21, so I might need to train up to face the other Gym Leaders.

Last edited:
I found this browsing various Brawl hacking forums.
al1003160239binout.jpg

Ok, I am now faced whether or not I should evolve Pikachu into Raichu.

The thing is... if I evolve Pikachu into Raichu, it makes Light Ball useless for battle because only Pikachu can use it, and it seems that Light Ball what I think doubles Attack and Sp. Attack. (Say it has ATK : 33 / SP.ATK : 35, with Light Ball being held, it becomes ATK : 66 / SP.ATK : 70.)

If you need to know the stats/moves...

*Stat key*
Stat : Pikachu(If holding Light Ball) - Raichu
-----
Lv. 29
HP : 71 - 86
ATK : 39(78) - 60
DEF : 38 - 53
SP.ATK : 40(80) - 63
SP.DEF : 40 - 64
SPEED : 69 - 75

*Moves*
Thunderbolt
Signal Beam
Surf
Volt Tackle
-----

What should I do... >_>

*Edit*
Well... I forgotten the Gym Leader order and went to take on the 7th Gym Leader while skipping Leaders 5 & 6. So I was kinda underleveled, but manage to pull through with 1 Pokemon that fainted, and 2 Pokemon near fainting. (Level range that I had was 26 to 30.)

Last edited:
*Edit*
Well... I forgotten the Gym Leader order and went to take on the 7th Gym Leader while skipping Leaders 5 & 6. So I was kinda underleveled, but manage to pull through with 1 Pokemon that fainted, and 2 Pokemon near fainting. (Level range that I had was 26 to 30.)

Heh, I remember doing that in Crystal. Makes the other gym leaders a tad easier if that makes you feel better.

So I've been kinda underleveled. I just beat Red. His whole team is over level 80. My team for the kill shot:

Lv59 Dragonite, Lv54 Golem, Lv52 Pidgeot, Lv51 Starmie, Lv50 Victreebel, Lv50 Typhlosion.

Sure, it took me 4 Max Revives and some massive stalling with item spam to pull it off, but I managed to beat a team that averaged over 30 levels above me. The really painful thing is that I almost sweeped him twice by getting 6 Dragon Dances up only to not get the OHKO and be hit back with a lethal Blizzard.

So I've been kinda underleveled. I just beat Red. His whole team is over level 80. My team for the kill shot:

Lv59 Dragonite, Lv54 Golem, Lv52 Pidgeot, Lv51 Starmie, Lv50 Victreebel, Lv50 Typhlosion.

Sure, it took me 4 Max Revives and some massive stalling with item spam to pull it off, but I managed to beat a team that averaged over 30 levels above me. The really painful thing is that I almost sweeped him twice by getting 6 Dragon Dances up only to not get the OHKO and be hit back with a lethal Blizzard.
O_O Damn, you're good...
What you have won: 1 Kanto starter + 1 Hoenn starter.
Where to get them: Prof. Oak (you know where...) and Steven at Silph co.
And is it just me, or has Lugia gone berserk unlike how I remember it?

First time playing on Johto, since my first Pokemon game was Sapphire. I haven't played it much, but I just beat the gym leader that's based on Normal Pokemon. None of the Pokemon that I plan to catch were found on the way, so I'm still playing with Quivala, probably lvl25. Rattata was added as my slave pokemon.

I recently noticed how my future team are based on small-sized pokemon. From memory, 3 of them will be Farfetch'd, Hitmontop, and Umbreon. I may add Golduck, and if possible, Espeon. Too bad I can't get two Eevees in the game, without trading. I'll check if he can have eggs...

Ok, I am now faced whether or not I should evolve Pikachu into Raichu.

The thing is... if I evolve Pikachu into Raichu, it makes Light Ball useless for battle because only Pikachu can use it, and it seems that Light Ball what I think doubles Attack and Sp. Attack. (Say it has ATK : 33 / SP.ATK : 35, with Light Ball being held, it becomes ATK : 66 / SP.ATK : 70.)

If you need to know the stats/moves...

*Stat key*
Stat : Pikachu(If holding Light Ball) - Raichu
-----
Lv. 29
HP : 71 - 86
ATK : 39(78) - 60
DEF : 38 - 53
SP.ATK : 40(80) - 63
SP.DEF : 40 - 64
SPEED : 69 - 75

*Moves*
Thunderbolt
Signal Beam
Surf
Volt Tackle
-----

What should I do... >_>

*Edit*
Evolving Pikachu into a Raichu is a bad idea. I mean, I have a level 100 Pikachu and trust me, he is way better than a Raichu.
Suggestion: Make Pikachu learn fly. Gives you an advantage in many battles.

I recently noticed how my future team are based on small-sized pokemon. From memory, 3 of them will be Farfetch'd, Hitmontop, and Umbreon. I may add Golduck, and if possible, Espeon. Too bad I can't get two Eevees in the game, without trading. I'll check if he can have eggs...
Farfetch'd is really terrible. It's basically GameFreak trolling game players everywhere by giving an awesome design a unique item, but the stats are so low that Pidgey is better. You can have Eevee mate with a Ditto to produce more. It's really hard to get a female Eevee if you want to breed egg moves onto it, though.

Actually, defeating Red with underleveled statistically-horrible Pokemon would be a pretty impressive feat. Especially if said horrible Pokemon are ones that don't evolve.

That's what I think I'll do once I get one of these games.

Last edited:
Evolving Pikachu into a Raichu is a bad idea. I mean, I have a level 100 Pikachu and trust me, he is way better than a Raichu.
Suggestion: Make Pikachu learn fly. Gives you an advantage in many battles.

Umm... You DO know thats impossible without AR right?

No, you can get a legit flying pikachu from a secret area on the pokewalker called the yellow forest. All you find there are pikachus and if you're lucky it could have surf or fly.

I thought it required hacking, but yeah. They're located in Yellow Forest.
http://projectpokemon.org/news/201/Yellow_Forest_Announce_for_English_HeartGold_SoulSilver

I don't really care about Pikachu, and would only catch the rare ones simply to fill my BOX1 by two. I don't know if by WiFi, it means simply connecting online and get a free pass, but I don't have a WEP security up anyway. I can edit it, though.

And after checking online for Farfetch'd stats, yeah it's pretty low. I guess that besides the design, I liked how he was able to learn Sword Dance. I just sticked with Hoothoot.

The first gym has a Pidgeotto with ROOST

But it's not all that hard. After all, it IS a pokemon game.
Opposing players and catching em' all are the real challenge.

If you want it to be hard, don't level up and play through underleveled. Then it presents a reasonable challenge.

Firered and LeafGreen was hard. I was underleveled and the gym leaders whooped my butt. Plus the lack of money....

Hoping that this game will be generous with money, and that I will level more then two pokemon. I bet I'll be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back