How do you play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GCFreak said:
I use the keyboard, but Alam was using the Wii Remote in a movie I found on his website, so I hope he releases that to us all, cause I'm getting a Wii soon.
sure......

Its not the mainly the joystick On-Edge, instead its the way I use the mouse. I use the third mouse button as a means to turn on strafing when I need it to either dodge or help platforming. So you can achieve a similar effect mastering the keyboard-mouse technique.

The reason I use only joystick in single player is that I can turn analog on, and use the trigger keys to adjust the camera.

Well, when I do use a joystick, all my functions (Jump, spin, ringsling...) are on the triggers. I use the pad for turning my camera.

Normally I use a keyboard and mouse. However, if I have a friend over and we're playing splitscreen, I'll use a joystick or gamepad (friend gets the better controls as a handicap against my higher skill). I recently got this Alienware gamepad that plays like a dream in SRB2...I might use it in a netgame or two someday.

I have a PS1 pad with 4 buttons, 2 joysticks, 4 shoulder buttons (3 really, since one is always pressed for some reason I so turn it off) 2 Central buttons, and a Directional Pad.

In the case that my pad is not working, I have a set up for my wireless mouse that gets the job done.

Boinciel said:
Never had a use for strafing, because strafing means I can't see where I'm going. That's not good in single player, because there are normally enemies around every corner.
I'll note that actually, the big benefit of strafing is to make it so you CAN see where you're going. For instance, say you've got a corner coming up and you expect an attack or hazard around it. If you strafe, you can be facing the enemy when you come around the corner, instead of having to turn to face whatever is coming. By strafing around the corner, you get better visibility of what's coming up. While this tactic is better in match/ctf, it's still got a lot of uses in single player as well.

How do I play?

srb20007.png

Considering this happens, I don't really know how I play.

Eh, I use the mouse for turning and looking up and down and such.
I use arrow left and right to strafe. I NEVER turn normally, I use the mouse. My ringsling button is the wheel click. CTRL is for ring weapons. I wont use the mousewheel for ring weapons because automatic ring only fires a little bit. I like shooting everywhere. Not firing in short bursts.

WASD for movement, Spacebar for jump, Shift for spindash, ZX for strafe, RF for looking up/down, C for resetting camera, Q for Lightdash, E for ring throw, 2 for chat, TY for turnig camera (I never use this) and Control for Console.

Or sometimes the mouse if I'm doing 2-plr with my bro.

I use spread, but I really need to learn how to use mouselook. >< I keep getting mashed like potatoes because of my weakness (laptop).

Anyway;

Directional Keys - Movement
Z - Jump
X - Light Dash
Left Shift - Spin
A - Ring Throw
S - Normal Ring Throw
Alt - Taunt

WS = Forward/Backward
AD = Strafe left/right
Mouse = Turn left/right(also used in first person, with mouselook on.)
E = Ring throw
Q = Spindash
F = Lightdash
Spacebar = Jump

Yeah, I got most of the keys close together.

W and cursor key UP=FORWARD
S and cursor key DOWN=BACKWARD
A and cursor key LEFT=LEFT
D and cursor key RIGHT=RIGHT

WSAD are strafes and the cursor keys, the normal.

Since i played Hercule long time ago,

Z=jump
X=spindash
C=light dash and toss flag
V=ring toss
B=ring toss normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back