How did you come across SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was home at sick, and wasn't allowed to play games but was allowed to watch YouTube videos on my Wii. I was looking through Sonic stuff and whatnot, then I came across a video of srb2riders. Then, many mods and whatnot were shown in the "Related Videos". I was like, what is this game? So then I looked it up when I was allowed back on, and I asked my mom to let me download it. Then... the srb2jte Supervirus gave me a nightmare. So then my mom kept me from playing srb2 for a while, then I was allowed to again. Lol...

(This was back when I was 8 ._.)

I found srb2 when I was googling "free sonic games". I only knew of flash games that time. A few weeks later I searched on youtube for "srb2" and I was really interested in the gameplay and decided to download.

God, When I was about 7 I came across it when searching for new sonic games. I got so hooked on it, I'm still playing (I'm 16, going on 17) A couple of years ago, before got a new pc, my srb2 folder was 30.7 GB. Srb2 is possibly the most nostalgic thing for me, like, ever. At the time, I never saw anything like it, The game was amazing(still is), plus was backed up by a huge modding community. it ate all of my time. I cant believe how long I have been playing this game. Thank you STJR, I love you all so much <3

I was probably about 13 and a HUGE fan of sonic games. I couldn't afford to buy any myself at the time, so I would search for hours on end looking for good sonic fan games. Eventually, I stumbled upon SRB2. I'm now almost 21 and still play the game every now and then.

I downloaded 1.09.4 from some CD-disk with best games at least 7 years ago. I wasn´t any Sonic fan but when I played this I noticed that this is much bettter then SEGA games, because you can explore new areas, find exploitabe bugs, find emblems, this is not just coupe of difficult tracks with one path, this has so many features that SEGA hasn´t added to their Sonic games and this is 3D. I won 1.09.4 quickly but noticed a bit under 3 years ago that there´s a new update to this game. I had to download 2.0 because I had so great memories of the two weeks when I saw 1.09.4 and won it with only 2 lives left after CEZ3 (and got 20 emblems just another two weeks after that).

I saw the Christmas and Halloween versions of the game on the Sonic Fan Games News Network quite a long time ago. From then on I followed SRB2 pretty closely. I still go to the website often to check for updates. I'm pretty sure I was the first person to use Doom Builder to make SRB2 levels. My user name was "Kristos". :)

Youtube. I found it one day while browsing Sonic videos. I didn't play it, but I remembered it and later re-discovered it on youtube after some searching.

Simple,i searched sonic 3d blast and softonic offered me srb2!

Summer of 05, my cousin and I were looking for other Sonic Flash Games until we came across a random website that gave us a Sonic 3D game. We were scared because we thought it could be a virus, when we downloaded it the game was great, the first Sonic fan game that climbing on walls with knuckles was actually fun. We gave up on the game when we played an earlier version of Cloud Palace and it was impossible to play with 1 keyboard. 1-2 years later I came across the game around Christmas time on softonic(at the time I was downloading MUGEN) I found that the netplay actually work and I saw the CO-OP had a Christmas mode. After thinking how the game changed I assumed that SRB2 had an Christmas mode only around December I was amazed and I kept playing to only found out it was a mod....

Google...Yes my friends, I was looking for a nice 3D online sonic game. Luckily for me, I haven't look for alot of time. I found this website and immediatly downloaded the .exe (At that time, I was not even knowledgeable about viruses...) Thing is, I liked the game as soon as I tryed it. Too bad I'm short on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back