New Sonic nextgen stuff (new screens + storyline overview)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This still lacks appeal to me. It's the same formula I saw in every Sonic title since the first Sonic Adventure, and I don't think it's a good one.

The new character reminds me of something I saw once on Deviant. Only 10x more uninspiring.

Zeshiro said:
I await the day Sonic Team just starts making Sonic recolors too.
Await? Why are you awaiting anything? They started doing that in 2001.

shadow_xzyu.gif

Do you forget, Mystic, that Amy was originally just a pink Sonic in a dress, shrunk to be about 3/4ths his size?

Amy was a recolor as well, but at least they added clothing. Considering she was the only classic Sonic character with clothing, that at least was somewhat different from Sonic. Shadow is frikken Sonic painted black with jet shoes and angst to look cool to all the 10 year olds.

Well he is made to look cool but the rest it like Sonic and they are realy just making Sonic again wich every boddy likes but wwwwwwaaaaaayyyyyyy cooler.So making him like Sonic makes him better to me at least.

Mystic said:
Shadow is frikken Sonic painted black with jet shoes and angst to look cool to all the 10 year olds.

I'm putting that in my sig so I don't have to say it in every other topic.

Edit: Jesus Christ, Mystic. Can you at least let us have quotes? That's a little extreme.

I guess that's why he looked cool to me; I was eleven at the time.

But seriously. Try to make a hedgehog character that people won't say is a re-color. Just try it.

Re: New Sonic nextgen stuff (new screens + storyline overvie

Alexmonk0 said:
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/704/704896p1.html

...It apears this game seems to be taking a more fantasy esque aproach to the Sonic series (unlike the real world feel of most of the recent titles). Screens are looking nice, storyline isn't sounding to shabby either...until I got to this...
The new rival, basically a cream-colored furry that looks remarkably like Sonic, appears in the following cutscene
:(

I hope to hell its not another emo :| (but lets face it, it more than likely is :( )

Adventure fields w00t!

Might be Nazo...

From the videos, it seems to me that this game's gonna be relativly slow compared to other Sonic games...

I was informed that some of the videos were slowed down a bit too much (hence the audio mismatch), and that the game actually runs pretty fast.

But then, I'll need to double check that we're talking about the same video.

Prime 2.0 said:
I guess that's why he looked cool to me; I was eleven at the time.

But seriously. Try to make a hedgehog character that people won't say is a re-color. Just try it.

Just don't make a new character altogether.

You are NOT going to believe this the first time around. Trust me, this is going to take a while to sink in, and I think opinions are going to be VERY mixed.

Screens from a trailer

Yep, Eggman's slimmed up alright. He looks positively British, now. And the princess looks like she jumped ship from the latest Final Fantasy...

Oh, and Shadow has guns. D: Oh well, at least they won't have that crappy "good or evil" thing going on, and if that's missing, the game might be considerably more fun.

I'm still cautiously optimistic, even though they're seriously pushing the limit here.

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_2888_en.html (Whoops, Shadow Hog already posted it, but you can download the trailers, too! Just look for the links at the end of the post!)

SONIC the Hedgehog trailer. I'll recite my opinions as such:
a. The presentation is astounding. Yep, I think this is SA1 quality.
b. Speaking of presentation, I think this is the best they've done at capturing the speed of Sonic.
c. I love the new Eggman. Seriously. I don't care what the rest of you think.
d. I'll be really happy if Sonic, Shadow, Eggman, and Cream (the Hedgehog) are the only ones out of the regular gang to appear. It seems like an adventure centered solely on them, rather than Tails, Knuckles, Amy, etc.

Perhaps the art direction isn't Sonic-ish, but the way the hardcore fans have been complaining about the current style of things, I think taking the Sonic series in an all-new, unprecedented (for Sonic, anyway) direction makes a lot of sense. That's why I'm just taking this game as it is.

If they can get the SA feeling back, and get the stupid fox(tails), the emerald guy(knux), the damn girls(amy,cream, BIG THE CAT, mind you) outta here, i'll LOVE THIS GAME. They really shouldn't be lazy and port it to wii. I know the controller sucks in these kinda games, but its possible and easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back