SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Kart Releases & Mods > Characters

Anime invades Kart: Animechars.pk3! Details »»
Anime invades Kart: Animechars.pk3!
Developer Last Online: Mar 2019

Category: Version: SRB2 Kart Rating: (4 votes - 4.60 average)
Released: 02-01-2019 Last Update: Never Installs: 0
Characters Sprites/Graphics

Do you know what Kart needed? New sprites for the characters that need them? Ha, I don't care for any of those losers, I'm talking about MORE ANIME*!
*Actually not all of those are animes and you're animephobic for calling them all that, but we gotta adapt for the normies, y'know...

Introducing Animechars, which was previously known as waifuchars except you can't really call a boy a waifu, the all new exciting pack of niche characters literally six persons in the whole world know about, save for about two of them!!

5 contenders warped through space and time to get there;
Spoiler: Racers

-KANADE-
S: 3
W: 4

An "angel" from afterlife. No, literally. How is she there, then, you may ask? For my own personal convenience!
Quiet by nature, Kanade doesn't speak up often and won't scream when using items unless it's Size up, Size down or Invincibility.
Added to that, her low weight and speed might make her seem like a huge pushover at first, but don't get the wrong idea, she's no angel on the racetrack;
For obvious reasons, she wasn't allowed to use any of her own weapons, but she'll easily come back from any mistake and will shine when others struggle to keep their fluctuating speeds up because of tight corners and items.
However, she's a pretty bad frontrunner and will need to fend off contenders by herself if she wants the gold.

Just don't ask her whether or not you're actually dead and you'll be fine. I think.

-SINON-
S: 5
W: 4

Fed up with Gun Gale Online's poor competition, Sinon's looking to truly put her skills to the test... by flinging deadly weapons at people while racing.
Though she seems a lot rougher than the rest of them, she left her rather heavy sniper rifle back in GGO, making it a little easier for her to get pushed around.
But don't let that get to your head, cause she'll certainly punish you for it.
As a balanced character, she excels in flexibility, especially due to her improved handling. She takes turns smoothly and can maintain a solid lead, but has a bit of a hard time in the pack. Despite this, her balanced stats make her relatively accessible for beginners.

It seems safe to say she's not going back to GGO anytime soon, thanks to a newly developed aversion to a certain black swordsman...

-SERVAL-
S: 7
W: 3

After a tragic incident involving a bus and tons of wooden logs, Serval takes it upon herself to learn how to drive properly (by asking Kaban how to do it) and joins the pack!
Serval cats are very good at jumping, though since that's not really useful for kart racing she makes up for that with high speed and low weight. Sharing the same stats as Blaze, when compared to Sonic you'll find that her slightly better acceleration and faster miniturbos make her a strong contender. Careful though, being a lightweight means others can bump her off quite easily so you'll have to stay on the offensive!

And no, she won't eat you.

-JOKER-
S: 7
W: 6

No calling cards this time, the leader of the Phantom Thieves is ready to take your first place in the most stylish of ways!
Although he won't be using any of his Personas this time around, all this time spent driving a cat bus in some weird subway has acquired him more than enough skill to drive amongst the best in this race!
His high top speed and mid weight make him an excellent frontrunner that won't fear bumps when overtaking others, but he has a hard time getting back up from rash decisions because of his low acceleration.
He's also subject to lose speed on tight corners as his weight doesn't allow for as much control as some others.

You better not let him sneak up on you and reveal your true form to the others; your corpse burning in a NO CONTEST explosion!

-NEPTUNE-
S: 2
W: 6

Neptune evades her duties as Planeptune's CPU once again by... joining a kart racing competition?
Slow minded, she is however an absolute prick, and will get back to harass you no matter how many times you'll try to fend her off,
not to mention the fact that she carries a bunch of useless stuff around makes her kart heavier than you'd expect it to be...
She's a great choice when there's a bit too many people around; her acceleration allows her to get back up from any kind of punishment while her weight gives her a steady stay on the track.
But on most situations, she will have a hard time keeping first place if nothing disrupts the others.

She better earn shares by winning races, or she'll never hear the end of it once Histoire figures out what she's been up to...

We'll see you all on the starting line!

But wait, that's not all...
As a result of the poll that has been going for the week following release, the following characters are confirmed to be coming to this pack sooner or later in no particular order:
  • 2B (NieR: Automata)
  • Ryuko (Kill la Kill)
  • Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)

Download Now

File Type: pk3 KC_animechars_v1.1.pk3 (1.17 MB, 505 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0118.png
Views:	2892
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	16058   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0120.png
Views:	2993
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	16059   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0121.png
Views:	2977
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	16060   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0122.png
Views:	2954
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	16061   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0123.png
Views:	2991
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	16062  

Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0124.png
Views:	2946
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	16063  

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 02-01-2019   #2
D00D64
Worst Ranked 'Kart Player

About time "waifuchars" and Joker got on the MB! Of course, its obvious why it couldn't be called "waifuchars" anymore... But still, welcome to releases!
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019   #3
"Lat'"
Stop it

Hi it turns out I was an idiot and Serval's turn frames were messed up. This is fixed now. Oops.
"Lat'" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019   #4
a thing
a thing

Serval? Neptune? The silver haired girl from that one anime I watched like ten years ago but keep forgetting the name of? Alright, this is seriously epic. You know, some other anime Jokers came to my mind when I saw the name under an animechars.pk3 thread.
Anyway this whole pack is pretty darn good. Sprites are great and already found myself loving Neptune as a playable character.
a thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019   #5
Chrome
Chromatian Kiske

Finally, a place to download these characters that isn't from a in-game server.
Old 02-03-2019   #6
Steelie
feeling rather Iffy lately

I can now Nep while riding a minikart. That makes me giddy.
Old 02-08-2019   #7
"Lat'"
Stop it

As a heads up, there's only a bit more than 24 hours left before the poll closes.
2B, Ryuko and Pyra are looking like to be the winners for now but hey I guess things can still change!!
So go make your vote count, if you haven't already!

Could make the difference between someone else's trash waifu and something else you deem not too trash passing instead!
Old 02-09-2019   #8
"Lat'"
Stop it

The results are in thanks to all of you who voted (I really didn't expect that many votes), 2B, Ryuko and Pyra will definitely happen at some point!

But fret not, even if your favourite didn't make it to top 3, that doesn't mean I won't end up doing it anyway :^)
Old 02-12-2019   #9
Konanoki

I'm gonna main Ryuko when she comes out! I already main Kanade and Sinon (especially since they have silimar stats to my mains Tails and Knuckles.)
Old 02-15-2019   #10
Kosmo

>sees serval

>instant disgust

>sees joker

>HELL YES
Muhahahaha-
Hahahahaha- Haha- BOOM
Kosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #11
vonitare
my head keeps, spinnin'~