SF94-Serv

Alright so, I'll make this quick. In its current state, this is unplayable in multiplayer.

The NPCs walking around randomly in a way that's not currently synched between all players (as well as the monitors that appear as rewards for killing enemies) make this a nightmare to join (and presumably to host, too), as once they're out of sync when they touch anyone for more than a couple seconds they paralyze the entire server and force everyone to be synched out. Sometimes you might be lucky and have it not desync for tens of minutes, other times you get kicked out on join. A *lot* of times, may I add.

Please do something about this.

Update!

3.93 is out!
Just a few bugfixes, as usual:

• Fixed elevator in SF94 Plaza not moving on map load in some situations, causing some players to be stuck forever at the spawn.
  • Changed the morning sky.
  • Added a resetnpcs console command, in a desperate attempt to reduce resynch failures caused by moving NPCs (failed attempt it seems :p).
  • Replaced the teleporter and recycler boxes as they can be pretty annoying sometimes.
  • Probably I forgot a few other minor bugfixes, but well
  • And while I'm at it, the Christmas event is enabled by default until the next release. You can disable it by typing "event stop" in your console and then resetting the map.

I am SO glad someone made this! In netgames, when I exit with the mod, it SOMEHOW turns everything Christmas themed after I enter the green elevator. Good thing there's a command i can use.

Last edited:
For some reason, the christmas event has been activating every time I start a server with this mod, and I've gotten some really bad synch issues supposedly tied torandom drops from enemies. Is there any way you could fix these issues?

For some reason, the christmas event has been activating every time I start a server with this mod, and I've gotten some really bad synch issues supposedly tied torandom drops from enemies. Is there any way you could fix these issues?
You must be using an old version, one that was released around Christmas days. Make sure you get the latest version. As for the desynch issues, I can't do much as SRB2 is the culprit here.

I got that recently where it keeps going to the Christmas version.

Apologies, I only just realised that the current version has been released during the Christmas period, and that I totally, completely, utterly forgot to make a patch to cancel that.
...It would be pretty silly to fix this one month before Christmas happens again, so I think I'll just wait until the end of the year before making a new patch.
Also don't hesitate reminding me if I forget to make a patch in 2019.

In V2.1.21, the xmas event doesn't change the grass textures.
It would be kinda silly to fix this after Christmas.
Edit: I forgot that I have to type "snow" after Xmas to make it snow, instead of typing "nosnow" to make it not snow.

Last edited:
Ah, 2.1.21...
just play 2.1.20 xdddddddddddddddddddd

Okay, sorry, I'll fix this before the end of the next week.

Update!

3.95 is out!

• SF94-Core.wad is now SF94-Core.pk3. The two other files are still WADs because Zone Builder can't save PK3s and because compressing music would have no effect.
  • Fixed water not freezing correctly.
  • Fixed the broken door texture in the big house in SF94 Plaza.
  • Fixed Christmas music stopping after you die.
  • Removed the useless "netgamemode" command, as it had literally no effect other than breaking player animations.
  • I am aware that the camera room is not working anymore, but I can't do anything as it's a bug originating from SRB2 itself, that appeared in 2.1.21. Just wait patiently until 2.1.22 if you feel some urge to spy people :V
  • And yes I know the title sky is very, very weird in anything other than 320x200 but the bug seems to originate from SRB2 itself too?? Soooooo well it's just a title sky, I just keep it like this for now :VV
  • Merry Christmas I guess :VVV

Well, the comment above mine is an update for this. I dont even play SRB2 anymore :( i loved 2.0 and i waited a long time for 2.1, never came and i gave up

How to return from the main game to 1 of 3 NPC worlds?

It may be a mistake on my part, but I have this problem with a lot of hub mods. In SF94 City, there's a way to get to the vanilla campaign mode, and once I'm there, I can never seem to get back to the city without going to the title screen. Am I doing something wrong, is this a common problem, or was it intentional?

sorry for the bump but like

jesus looking at those screenshots is giving me such a rush of nostalgia it's kind of hard to handle. man I remember spending hours per day on a server that ran this wad a lot a few years ago. loved every second of it. this is a 4 year old thread, with the last reply being a week ago, but I just had to say this. i just feel really happy looking at this wad again.

It may be a mistake on my part, but I have this problem with a lot of hub mods. In SF94 City, there's a way to get to the vanilla campaign mode, and once I'm there, I can never seem to get back to the city without going to the title screen. Am I doing something wrong, is this a common problem, or was it intentional?

It's a common problem with these "hub" mods, whether it's intentional or not depends on the author of the mod. It can be fixed by making Act 3 (or Act 1 in the case of unfinished levels) of each level in the game lead back to the hub instead of the next map using MainCfg, However this would introduce a new progression problem that makes obtaining The emeralds too easy, players would be able to get every Chaos Emerald by just beating GFZ1 over and over. but I guess you could somehow make each special stage and emerald obtainable only in it's own stage.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back