srb2dd problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiylo

Mario Impressionist
HELP!! what im trying to say is that when ever i launch srb2DD the first time it works but the second try all i get is a white screen can someone thats a genius at these type of things help me

In addition to the above, are you trying to run it in the software or OpenGL renderer? (If you don't know the answer off-hand, you're running software) Does switching to the other renderer (the game should have a batch file for running in OGL included) fix the issue? Is it exclusive to the DirectDraw build, or does it happen in srb2win (the SDL2 build) as well?

In fact, if it is a DD issue, just use the SDL2 builds. We only keep the DirectDraw builds around currently as a safety net in case of SDL2 issues (which I haven't encountered since 2.1.14's release), and they're likely to be phased out by the time 2.2 comes out unless we still have issues with SDL2 on some computers.

My grandma's laptop can't run OpenGL unless it's DD... instead SRB2 just IMPLODES on itself... with a screen somewhat like this.

Well IT DOES run in OGL for me, but has weird screenshot errors (they're black and white and are "twisted") plus, if I set the resolution to something lower tgan 1366x720 (Think that's this) the image "ghosts" itself. So I prefer using DD too.

Works fine for me. Remember that a lot of SDL2-related issues are system-specific and don't happen for everyone.

I think you are using SRB2DD on OpenGL with a totally high resolution...
Sometimes I get these errors (ON OPENGL) when I am on much higher resolutions such as 1366x768.

Try menu navigation and play Egg Rock Zone 3 on OpenGL on SDL2 and tell me that's playable. or at least tolerable.
Menu navigation? Completely perfectly fine in 1366x768 full-screen OpenGL in version 2.1.14... except there's no "back" button for XBox 360 controllers.

Egg Rock Zone act 3? No idea, not sure if I've tried that in any SDL2 build.

Although transitions from one screen to another were perfectly fine in... 2.1.9? Not sure, but they were "broken" (didn't fade) earlier than some versions as well as later than some versions, while fine in those "some versions". Examples include clearing an act, going to the title screen, and fades in cutscenes.

What's even the difference between srb2exe and srb2dd? Except for the lower resolution, I guess.
srb2win: SDL2 from 2.1.12(?) and onwards, DirectDraw previously.
srb2dd: DirectDraw from 2.1.12(?) and onwards, didn't exist previously, but will be phased out later as far as I'm aware.

The difference is entirely within the interface files between the game and the OS. The SDL2 implementation runs better on some machines, but has compatibility issues with others, so currently distributions have both builds included.

what os are you using? i myself am useing 8.1 and i had a very similer problum to yours. and setting the compatablity settings to windows 8 for srb2dd.exe fixed the issue for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back