Status
Not open for further replies.
We still are trying to change the sprites Mecha currently has. The CSS is still in progress and we have set some goals so we can hopefully finish this year (Possibly even before 2021). Regarding the Drop Dash, we removed it because it had some mayor bugs and we didn't like the idea of mapping it to the custom buttons, although it was a good idea referencing Sonic 3 Prototype. In conclusion, work is in progress and we'll try to finish it asap

I really don't think the drop dash should have been removed, comboing the bounces into the drop dash was a super fun way to zoom through levels. Also that noise Mecha makes when he runs is godawful and should be removed ASAP. Model is great, though.

I really don't think the drop dash should have been removed, comboing the bounces into the drop dash was a super fun way to zoom through levels. Also that noise Mecha makes when he runs is godawful and should be removed ASAP. Model is great, though.

honestly the drop dash was an unnecessary addition to a pretty packed character.
even so, you kinda do have a psuedo drop dash in the roll acceleration mechanic so i don't see why you're complaining lol.

Well, I definitely appreciate the feedback. I was having trouble finding a fitting sound for it. If anybody has some recommendations for a sound, be sure to tell me!

Looking great with the newer sprites can't wait to see it implemented
Also drop dash being left out is probably for the best, always felt kinda odd to me.
Also I think it would look really cool if his hover dash was looked more like shoulder bash could emulate how he looks in the boss fight where he goes super and just flies across the screen, just saying this as suggestion doesn't really matter because once he has some real sprites that being cooked up the spiky ball form will look amazing anyways!
Keep going I believe this character will be truly great once he's finished!

My most favorite take on the metals, or "fake" sonics. Absolutely cant wait for the Sprites to be remade.

Just a small suggestion, if his [shift] ability is his ground pound, maybe make a small damaging aoe around him upon hitting the ground with it? (Like super knuckles, for example.)

wow this is a fun mod and I'll definitely want to try out more of this and I love his awesome sprites too.....oh and by the way Mecha Sonic be like vroom vroom imma spin to walmart .

My most favorite take on the metals, or "fake" sonics. Absolutely cant wait for the Sprites to be remade.

Just a small suggestion, if his [shift] ability is his ground pound, maybe make a small damaging aoe around him upon hitting the ground with it? (Like super knuckles, for example.)

Mecha's super form already does that, I think.

Here's a preview of the new CSS, done by AxeCrusader! His moveset is also being polished/redone by yours truly.

srb20163_-_Copy.png

The new sprites are still being worked on but they should be completed hopefully sooner rather than later... A new version containing the new CSS, new placeholder sign and life icon sprites, and the moveset rework should be out soon :)

Last edited:
The new sprites are still being worked on but they should be completed hopefully sooner rather than later... A new version containing the new CSS, new placeholder sign and life icon sprites, and the moveset rework should be out soon :)
Can't wait, well I can don't want to rush someone trying their hardest, but you know what I mean.
I'm really looking forward to this character Mecha Sonic has such a good design and he has pretty decent moveset so far, still getting used to his bounce, as it does get higher but not as much as other character bounces, so I have to change my mind set when using him, not that, that's a bad thing, it makes him different, although like what Iveary
said I think Mecha should have a small damage aoe around his bounce, mainly because it feels really powerful move when you use it but when you use it next to enemies if you aren't touching them they are unaffected, which kind of threw me off, nothing to big, but can get a small cluster of enemies around you, as the super form does have that, but better in everyway.
But overall is still good ether way, looking forward to future updates.
But I don't want bother you to much with suggestions, Good luck!

well this new mecha is interesting to say the least, let's go down the list of my problems and/or positives with it:

- css art is gorgeous, no doubt. much better than the super stiff and muddily coloured old one.
- i think the changes to the moveset make the character flow a lot better, to be honest. now mecha can not only roll around, but also jump and buffer a roll when you hit the ground, which would usually make you bounce. nice touch.
- indefinite floating? i can dig that.

- the biggest problem i have with new mecha though is...the superjump. not that it's a bad move, i love it, but the timing to pull it off is super strict and, it might just be my imagination but, i could only manage to pull it off while i wasn't holding any directional or strafe keys, which is...questionable.

anyway new mecha is good, there are big problems that hinder the experience, but it's not something to deter anyone from playing. nice work, and good luck with the resprite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back