Boss rush mode! (Egg Gauntlet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MellowJacket

The unreliable judge
Hello! After many delays due to Boring Adult Things™ I've finally gotten around to finishing off this map.

Go fight all the bosses one after another, with only three rings to keep yourself alive. Are you extreme enough to clear the Egg Gauntlet?

(Unfortunately, for those who kept track of my progress on this map long ago. I have since removed 2.0 Brak Eggman from the bosses. It was simply too much trouble to put an unused and poorly designed boss in there given all the bugs it had. to be honest, I feel the map is better for lacking him. Even if it does suck that I had to cut out the cool transition and arena I made for him!)

Credits
STJR for making the bosses used in this map
RedEnchilada - Providing the LUA that freezes Egg Slimer, Eggscalibur and Sea Egg in place until encountered
Nev3r - Providing textures used for Metal Sonic and Brak Eggman arena
CobaltBW - Providing the music used

Special shoutout goes to Wolfy and toaster who helped me try and get the 2.0 Brak fight to work before I scrapped it.

Attachments

• sc_EggGauntlet.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,341
  • srb20048.png
    srb20048.png
    179.1 KB · Views: 1,338
  • srb20049.png
    srb20049.png
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,383
Last edited:
Aw yes! I was thinking about this today and how cool it was gonna be when it finally saw release and lo and behold--! When I get home I definitely have to try this out for myself and see how terrible my times are!

I've been wanting a Boss Rush mode in SRB2 for a while, and we finally have one!
It's quite a fun challenge, but might I suggest that after each teleport, you add a small corridor with a few Rings, somewhat like the Sonic 2 hack Robotnik's Revenge?
It would make up for the lack of Rings in each arena, and keep the likely intended challenge of not having a small set of Rings to run to in case you lose your current ones.
A small race against Metal before his actual fight would also help make his boss battle feel more complete, but that's just me.

Last edited:
Aw yes! I was thinking about this today and how cool it was gonna be when it finally saw release and lo and behold--! When I get home I definitely have to try this out for myself and see how terrible my times are!
Same here lol.

Pretty fustrating but yet fun level to play.

Last edited:
Jeez, a few "checkpoint rings" wouldn't have hurt :P
tumblr_ngt0gcHv0d1ti7knfo1_500.jpg

In all seriousness though, I'm considering doing this. But I'll wait until the next version of SRB2 is out so I can add it in at the same time as the Arid Canyon boss. Whatever it may be. Also because if this boss rush gets any longer it'll need additional rings to be tolerably playable. This isn't Dark Souls!

Well at least I'm not the only one completely obsessed with that image.

In all seriousness though this looks pretty badass. I'll have to check it out myself at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back