[Open Assets] Random Rocks Fall

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LJ Sonik

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
This is just a simple spawner that makes "meteors" randomly fall from the sky:
srb20019.png

You can protect yourself by standing under a platform:
srb20017.png

If you think there're too many (or not enough...) meteors, you can easily change that by setting a console variable called "intensity", which is an integer value between 1 and 1000.
You can enable/disable meteor fall by setting "meteors" to on/off.
Additionally you can set how far from the player the rocks will spawn, with "distance" (default is 4096).

There are two more settings to change the script behavior: "quake" will make the ground quake proportionally to the rockfall intensity and "continuous" will make the rockfall periodically start and stop when disabled.

You can download the previous versions of this script, although I don't recommend it unless the new one is buggy:

View attachment RocksFall-v2.lua
View attachment RocksFall-v3.lua

Attachments

• RocksFall-v4.lua
    2.1 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:
There's a lua error upon adding the file, so I am unable to test this as the script is not functional at all. Please fix this so I can do so.

Hoooo sorry just before posting it I changed the list of possible values for a console variable, and I forgot closing the { with }

Well that wasn't very explicit, but before posting the previous message, I fixed the bug, which was just a missing char.

The script checks out now, and I was kinda entertained by the concept of dodging huge rocks while running through ACZ. Intensity 256 is really laggy, though. :c

The end of the SRB2 world - The Movie.
Directly to the Gaga Hax SRB2 Hub's Theater!
Seriously, a really good script. It makes the game more... Dangerous and harder than before.

imagine how much of a nightmare this must be in the boss levels. XD

That, and using Rosy, trying to hurt Eggman? An ASS-FUCKIN' nightmare. Talkin' about nightmares... What happened to the old lookin' Nitemare character? It was staying in the old dust of 2.0 even when it was originally downloadable publically! Poor Nitemare... Poor, poor Nitemare...

Wow, all this time, and NO ONE has even referenced Flame Core from Sonic 06? I mean, with this script, EVERY LEVEL IS FLAME CORE. And It's awesome!

The script received a tiny update.
Now you can setup "quake" and "continuous" to make the earth quaking and having a non-continuous stream of falling rocks.
By the same way, I almost remade the script from scratch to fix two bugs: in previous version, the rocks were always spawning relatively to the player's sector ceiling height, making them appearing at middle-air on a certain situation, and having several players to the same place was increasing the amount of falling rocks.

WHY?! I just ordered a pizza, not a meteor-fall, for the god's sake!
Although i like to eat pizza in middle of a meteor-fall. It is... Dangerous, and funny to see crawlas getting squashy-smashed.
Well... At least, it's more fun/challenging than before. Like dat ol' ACZ rockfalling path, but everywhere!

If you have any suggestion that could make this script more enjoyable, please tell me.

Maybe doing the meteors explode like the bombs of Brak Eggman in ERZC? You know, more hazards, more danger, more difficulty, more enjoying.

Maybe doing the meteors explode like the bombs of Brak Eggman in ERZC? You know, more hazards, more danger, more difficulty, more enjoying.
Could be an interesting idea indeed.
However I'll have to lower the rockfall intensity to avoid lag, because it'll spawn a lot of mobjs...
I think I'll add another variable to activate / desactivate the meteors explosions.

Last edited:
Could be an interesting idea indeed.
However I'll have to lower the rockfall intensity to avoid lag, because it'll spawn a lot of mobjs...
I think I'll add another variable to activate / desactivate the meteors explosions.

You're right. Even a Chucknorrisian PC cannot resist THAT amount of explosive-rockfalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back