Backups of S:EQ files, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhog

Wandering Protagonist
I've been reading this thread, and when I read that some of the songs in SRB2 are remixes of some of the songs in S:EQ, I wanted to hear how the originals sounded like. Unfortunately, I can't, since all the links are broken.

So, I wanted to ask if anyone had a backup of those files and could post a link to download them.

Holy crap, i was viewing that thread just yesterday, and noticed the links were dead, too!
Anyways, im pretty sure i have some of those files on my netbook, let me check.

I'm pretty sure as far as the tracks that are in SRB2 go, the originals are included too. Just go to options and turn off digital music, then use the following commands

TUNES 91 - Nimbus Ruins Zone / Empyrean's Channel
TUNES 92 - Jade Valley Zone / One of the Unknown tracks, I forget which one
TUNES 93 - Frost Columns Zone / Cave
TUNES 95 - Desolate Twilight Zone / Another Unknown track
TUNES 98 - Airborne Temple Zone (1.08) / I'm not sure if this was a S:EQ track or not. I can't remember where it came from.

Also, Midnight Freeze Zone from Mystic Realm uses the Ice Forest music from S:EQ, though it was remixed in 2.0. Thankfully, I have the original. It's much more calm and relaxing than the newer one.

http://www.mediafire.com/?g4j5cul4zcl4bgv

Additionally, other S:EQ music was used in levels packs a while back. I know Tets used "Underwater" for Dark Palisades Zone, and I used "Eggman Boss Battle" for Slime Silo Zone. There are probably more, but I don't really remember.

I believe Desolate Twilight's tune was called Lazy Saturdays while Jade Valley was Tails' House.

Also, the Ice Forest music has been used in a couple of recent levels. Fawfulfan's Snowcap Nimbus Zone had it for a while, and I believe I remember hearing it before that. Not sure where, though.

I too am curious to hear more of these older songs, though. It would be a real shame if they were all lost for good. Also, I wonder what Arrow is up to nowadays? I knew him from VGMusic, and I know he hangs around on their IRC. I ought to try talking to him one of these days.

I'm pretty sure as far as the tracks that are in SRB2 go, the originals are included too.

Yeah, I knew that from reading the wiki, and the thread I linked to mentions that too.

Cavernous(Slot 93) was used for Hydro Plant Zone, and then remixed for 2.0 and now it's used by Silver Cascades Zone and Frost Columns Zone.

Empyrean's Channel(Slot 91) it's used by Nimbus Ruins Zone.

Icy Tundra(Slot 140) received a remix when it was taken to 2.0, and now it's used by Blue Mountain Zone, Frozen Night Zone and Icicle Falls Zone.

Lazy Saturday(Slot 95) it's used by Desolate Twilight Zone.

Tails' House(Slot 92) it's used by Jade Valley Zone.

And while I thank you for pointing me to Dark Palisades Zone and Slime Silo Zone, we still are a bit far from having the entire collection of songs.

TUNES 98 - Airborne Temple Zone (1.08) / I'm not sure if this was a S:EQ track or not. I can't remember where it came from.

BTW, I think that song is just an earlier version of Aerial Garden Zone, the Mystic Realm level.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind some kind of backup of all the MIDIs that got lost when Arrow's site went under. There was definitely more music to that "game" than SRB2 ended up using.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25409000/SEQ-MIDIs.zip <-- Bundled together this zip of all the S:EQ MIDIs back months before Arrow's site died. Also includes an MP3 Arrow made of the Monster Super Boss Battle theme. (None of the rest linked in that thread mentioned worked back months before the site died - maybe they had been up years before?)

Last edited:
I was informed today that this thread existed, so I compiled my own giant zip of stuff, though thanks Monster Iestyn for putting up that initial batch.

The links are all dead basically just because my site has lapsed, and I wasn't intending on paying to bring it fully back immediately. I forgot that people may still need access to some of this stuff!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r9qb7rhu1xvxy6t/Fangame%20Music%20by%20Arrow.zip includes everything I could find that I had previously done for anything fangame related, including SRB2, S:EQ, and two other games I only ever did a few tracks for. GM MIDIs, XG MIDIs, Impulse Tracker files, and MP3s are included in the mix. Anyone running on Windows 7 is probably going to need to go to some effort to listen to the XG MIDIs, though I hear there's some XG-simulating VSTis out and about I haven't had the time to try out.

Also note that everything in that zip uses the old names from when I composed the tracks, not whatever zones they've been renamed to in SRB2 over time. For example, Midnight Freeze is still listed in the S:EQ section as Ice Forest, Lazy Saturday is still Untitled 4, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back