• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SatSR mode in SRB2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking- how hard would it be to mod SRB2 to make it like SatSR? We could set the left & right buttons to straft, design levels that were more or less linear, using springs to turn Sonic when needed, and lock Sonic so he always runs. Combine that with an SA mode SOC, and we have ourselves... SatSRB2! (Cool name, huh?) Good idea? Bad idea? If it's a good idea, is it possible to do all I described? If it is, I'll get to work on it!

You do realize you could just make mach speed stages right?Those would work,also don't start a topic without proof of doing something.No offense man,I've had three topics shut down because of that.

Icer the hedgehog said:
You do realize you could just make mach speed stages right?Those would work,also don't start a topic without proof of doing something.No offense man,I've had three topics shut down because of that.

This is not Sonic the Hedgehog. This is Sonic and the Secret Rings.

No, Icer has the right idea to some extent. We can use Wind sectors to control where Sonic is going, and you can strafe left and right.

Also, maybe if you jump you go out of the top of the sector so you don't get pushed along in the air.

That sounds like a neat idea... I personaly thought that Satsr was an
emmbarresment to sonic himself, and Sega. It was just sad.

I'll Begin said:
No, Icer has the right idea to some extent. We can use Wind sectors to control where Sonic is going, and you can strafe left and right.

Also, maybe if you jump you go out of the top of the sector so you don't get pushed along in the air.

You could also make the sectors have slippery floors (Ice), so the wind can work more efficiently.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
I'll Begin said:

You could also make the sectors have slippery floors (Ice), so the wind can work more efficiently.

Or conveyor belts with the walking animation, maybe.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:

You can't strafe well when running at full speed on slippery floors. You could also just make yourself always go forward with a SOC, instead of wind, and have the levels have gravity 0.3 since SatSR-Sonic can jump higher.

I like the idea of this. Its quite possible, but I doubt the levels are gonna fit.

Super mystic sonic said:
Flame_the_hedgehog said:

You can't strafe well when running at full speed on slippery floors. You could also just make yourself always go forward with a SOC, instead of wind, and have the levels have gravity 0.3 since SatSR-Sonic can jump higher.

I like the idea of this. Its quite possible, but I doubt the levels are gonna fit.

I've added colors for each thing I want to cover.

Red: You can't just strafe well when running at high speeds, speeds that you can't normally reach.

Yellow: It wouldn't allow you to strafe well =|

...That's all... Anyway, if anyone is making this, good luck!

I recall making something like this at one time... it was a pretty small thing, and it was just a test. On the subject of saying "wind sectors" SRB2 carries momentum. So even if you jumped out of said wind sector, you'd still be going.

aaronkfmaster said:
That sounds like a neat idea... I personaly thought that Satsr was an
emmbarresment to sonic himself, and Sega. It was just sad.
Pfft. BS. SatSR is an amazing game.
Anyways, this would work if you really feel like making NiGHTS tracks work with running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back