Stuff to put in 1.09

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get cool fire effects with rows of flames ("CEZ Torch"). An "electrical damage" sector type already exists, and so far I've been using a floor flat of NUKAGE1 to signify electrically charged floors.

I dont think that alot of people realize that the Knuckles sprite is probably never going to be finished. Cry all you want, it takes ALOT of work. Besides, is it THAT eye-straining to look at?

Mmmm... I can help on textures or enemies, but player´s sprites are too much for me :lol: ... How many sprites were done? Some walk and staying animations were done... Weren´t they?

I want some Things that don't have sprites. I mean, like extra statues and flowers if ya need 'em. That way you could make a bunch of NPCs without replacing every flower in the game. If you make them use names like CUS1A1 and CUS2A0 it would make it easyer for nice scenery without the find-the-names-to-use hassle. And more scripting power, please. Some if-then statments could go a long way... especially paired with variables and identifiers... Just a thought...

dwo the wacko king. said:
it needs'a soundtrack player to play you fav' music with the game.

You mean like a sound test? I think that would be a good idea.

Of course, I still have the .ogg files that were posted on the old forums...

No, I think he means you could have a playlist like this:

ScrapHeap-HiccupJam.ogg
pwei-92degf_boilerhouse_the_birth_remix.mp3
WarrenZevon-WerewolvesOfLondon.mp3
BitMeddler-Dermetfak.mp3
Karlo_Takki-An_Untimely_Death_1993.mp3
openbsd-song31.ogg
MTails_-_Fantasy0.mp3

and it would play those songs during the game. To which I say, keep Winamp open and play with the -nodigmusic and -nomusic options. I do that all the time.

Its a tradeoff. Tails can fly while the others can't so in order to be fair he runs slower than the others. However I would like to see tails helicopter running animation when you run at full speed, not just when you get the speed shoes. It looks very cool!

When I had an SRB2 tournament in mind, and some episode of a cartoon as well, I had this idea:

How about a feature that temporarily disables the playability of certain players in a Match netgame? Like, if the server types in the console DISABLE NAMEHERE, NAMEHERE is able to move around the entire stage, yet he won't be able to throw rings. If another player decides to shoot NAMEHERE, the other player won't be able to gain points. If NAMEHERE does anything to lose his points (Like get killed or fall in a pit), the player doesn't lose any points
To reverse the effect, the server would have to type in the console ENABLE NAMEHERE

Something even better would be, if the server types DISABLE NAMEHERE, NAMEHERE wouldn't even be visible to another player; it's like his sprite isn't drawn and he isn't vulnerable to the shooting rings, though player control would still be functional so NAMEHERE could still see things through CHASECAM 0 or some equivalent

It would be really helpful when someone comes in just to watch, not play, and in situations where most of the players of a tournament can't play the current match.

---

Have you ever thought of implementing negative points? :P

Digiku said:
When I had an SRB2 tournament in mind, and some episode of a cartoon as well, I had this idea:

How about a feature that temporarily disables the playability of certain players in a Match netgame? Like, if the server types in the console DISABLE NAMEHERE, NAMEHERE is able to move around the entire stage, yet he won't be able to throw rings. If another player decides to shoot NAMEHERE, the other player won't be able to gain points. If NAMEHERE does anything to lose his points (Like get killed or fall in a pit), the player doesn't lose any points
To reverse the effect, the server would have to type in the console ENABLE NAMEHERE

Something even better would be, if the server types DISABLE NAMEHERE, NAMEHERE wouldn't even be visible to another player; it's like his sprite isn't drawn and he isn't vulnerable to the shooting rings, though player control would still be functional so NAMEHERE could still see things through CHASECAM 0 or some equivalent

It would be really helpful when someone comes in just to watch, not play, and in situations where most of the players of a tournament can't play the current match.

I second this. Allowing spectators to watch the matches would be very interesting. It would also be great for multiplayer newbies (like myself) who aren't ready or don't want to battle, but still want to see how a DM game is played.

Okay, I'll add spectator support for the next version.

If I'm lucky, I'll be able to make it so that you don't have to send any packets out... you just kind of 'listen' to the connection.

I've thought of negative points too. I think it would be cool if whenever person 1 shot person 2, not only would person 1 gain 50 points, person 2 would also lose 50 points. That way it would directly harm person 2. Right now, besides the obvious ring loss, person 2 would be no worse off after being shot than a hypothetical person 3 who wasn't involved in the ring transaction. There could be an option to use weird scoring like that.

Person 2 losing 50 points at each hit? Nah. That'd make the match too difficult, especially for the newer people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Back