Kasumi-chan

CEO of Reminiscences
The old Blaze from 1.09.4 is back with a (slightly) fresh new coat of paint into 2.2! After checking for quite sometime that the download link for her was dead, I decided to port her, as she was one of my favorite characters from back then, (and I assume other people also liked her-) So here you go:

ABILITIY: Burst Hover

If you hold the jump button while jumping, Blaze will wrap herself in flames, and glide forward in a fast speed, use this to cross gaps, or build momentum!
It also has quite a wide hitbox of flames! Just watch out after a spindash, because Blaze can be a quite slippery character to control after that move. You can also move during the spindash/roll, so be careful on gaps!

Special Thanks:
Golden Shine - For giving a few extra details in the character select screen, and for making the hover/spindash more fun to use, with a little bit of Lua help.

MD3 (3D Model for Legacy Blaze)
- With the release of LonelyFoxZ's remixed model pack we've finally got a MD3 for Legacy Blaze, it's still a work-in-progress so make sure to keep up with the updates on that thread! https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=48577

Version 2.0 Changelog:
Made the monitor/continue/sign sprites colorable.
Changed the color of the outline on the edges of the tail/neck and dress, and made it a bit brighter. Those areas shouldn't look as dark as before.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 3.0 Changelog:
Changed Blaze's supercolor to red, so that her icon won't be yellow anymore while playing as Burning Blaze.
Changed the green outline during the hover/spin frames to red, so that it won't look strange on other colors. This includes NiGHTS spin/transform frames.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Attachments

• srb20019.gif
    srb20019.gif
    2.7 MB · Views: 2,135
  • srb20020.gif
    srb20020.gif
    3.1 MB · Views: 2,260
  • srb20010.png
    srb20010.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 2,681
  • VCL_LegacyBlaze-v3.zip
    89 KB · Views: 1,562
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, they made their way to MB. The new ability makes her the new best blaze to play.

No y fun luke blase, no es mas divertido luke blase

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

Es mucho mejor luke blaze

Not gonna say its necesarry, but i'd like to see Blaze have a jump animation and only do the spinning top for her double jump or maybe spin.

Not gonna say its necesarry, but i'd like to see Blaze have a jump animation and only do the spinning top for her double jump or maybe spin.
Sorry, I can't change that. Her rolling/spindash animation is the flame cyclone one, and she had that animation for jumping/transforming, etc.. So I'll keep it true to the original version.

I know this is a port, but the color of the vest being dark purple kinda buggers me
The original had only Blaze's tip of her fur/tail/area around her neck and her vest be colored. So I decided to make her whole fur colorable so I had to make her vest darker, that was for more possible color costumizations.

The original had only Blaze's tip of her fur/tail/area around her neck and her vest be colored. So I decided to make her whole fur colorable so I had to make her vest darker, that was for more possible color costumizations.

alright, get it

Last edited:
Version 2.0 is out!

Fixed some minor sprite details! Such as..

-Made the sign/monitor/continue icons colorable.
-The edge of Blaze's tail/neck and her dress shouldn't look as dark now. Made them a bit brighter.

Other than that, not much changes. Enjoy!

Is she supposed to be able to move if you press the directional controls while charging a spindash on a slope?

Is she supposed to be able to move if you press the directional controls while charging a spindash on a slope?

Yes she is, that's what gives her momentum in the first place, I also did mention she was slippery with her spindash/roll moves. I'll update the description to say so.

Version 3.0 is out!

Did some small fixes to the pallete/S_SKIN.

- Fixed Blaze's supercolor so that it's red instead of gold, since it led to an incorrect display on her icon while as Burning Blaze.
- Fixed the green outlines around Blaze's hover/spin/transform/NiGHTS drill sprites to Red. It looks more realistic now, and more correct in comparison to having a blue outline around the fire, for example.

esta muy bien echo el mod lo probe y esta muy bien echo pero le falta unas cuantas cosa que tiene blaze

ingles : The mod is very well done I tried it and it is very well done but it lacks a few things that have blaze

I find it hard to get a good grip on the speed increase you get with her spin dash. Turning while spinning seems almost unorthodox, it almost turns in a random direction for me at least. Still, I find it better then her previous kit. Good job.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back