2014, the Year of 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well dude it's not like SRB2 is a job or anything. To me, it's contribution or a rather 2nd project that the developers do in their life. Look, I know that the wait for 2.1 has been long and hard (I've been waiting for 2.1 since 2011) but you just gotta be patient. Find other things to do like Pokemon or something time consuming. All of the developers have other things to do than sit on their asses all days developing a fan game that is getting no revenue whatsoever do to legal issues.

Have we forgotten the Thread on why you should fix the broken net code, Before you add more to the Full Game Or was the 1.09.4 Final Demo, just a lie..

Also the Final Demo wasn't a lie. Anything that 1.09.4 showed off was what was to come. 2.0 is kinda like a complete game, it's just missing one or two levels which to me, won't make a difference if they are added or not into the complete and final version of Sonic Robo Blast 2.

Last edited:

Have we forgotten the Thread on why you should fix the broken net code, Before you add more to the ,Quote UnQuote, Full Game

Or was the 1.09.4 Final Demo, just a lie..

---
Anyways, thats not the Point.
You guys are taking your sweet granny time changing ever little thing.

I understand Coding can be boring, and that Rewriting Code is the worst thing..
You don't see any addons to the game
So you want to make levels for a change..
Well it's time to get back to work.

InFact, You!
Yes you Reader!
You should be working right now.
Not waiting for someone to reply to your post.
Get Back to Work..
You're Still Here!!
Scram!
I think the reason 2.1 hasn't been released is because it has gotten to the point where I see people insulting the devs for not releasing it. Guys, 2.1 will be released soon. Very soon. Could you stop whining about it?

To me, it's contribution or a rather 2nd project that the developers do in their life.

I agree. They have your lives in matter. They doesn't have because to be sitting down developing a game.

It turns out that our difficulty curve is pretty broken in 2.0.X, with a big difficulty spike going into DSZ from THZ, and CEZ having very broken difficulty. The goal of a proper difficulty curve is to have the game gradually increase in difficulty until it starts to spike at the end. 2.1's difficulty modifications are designed to keep the player from suddenly encountering a hazard that's significantly harder than the content before it.

Yeah, makes sense I suppose. And the Wind Tunnel is kind of unfair since you put it that way. Eh, don't have any other objections to removing the tunnel now or to stopping the difficulty curve adjustments. Suppose Egg Rock is hard enough on it's own to new people. o3o

Anyhow, I'm still curious. What's holding 2.1 back now? (That's probably been asked a million times. Sorry. @_@)

I Have a Question

When SRB2 V2.1 is come out is still possible to host V2.0.7?
or that version will be blocked form the server?

Last edited:
is still possible to host V2.0.7?
or that version will be blocked form the server?

Just like 1.0 servers, you can still host on the MS, but it won't show up on the internet servers.

So just give your friends your external Ip to connect to, and you'll be good to go.

The key to a good gimmick is that the player, with good reaction time, should always be capable of completing the hazard the first time, even though they generally won't.

Please tell me this means you're getting rid of (or substantially reworking) the falling rocks that crush you in two caves in ACZ? There's absolutely no warning that they're about to fall, no way to know where they'll fall, and they kill you instantly.

I'm not sure why a bunch of people have problems with the new special stages. I hate the current special stages, and I've been waiting for the new ones for a long time.

Just like 1.0 servers, you can still host on the MS, but it won't show up on the internet servers.

So just give your friends your external Ip to connect to, and you'll be good to go.
Bluecore is incorrect. Versions before 2.0.5 don't work with the master server because we changed the way the master server works for 2.0.5. Anything after that will work just fine with the current master server, and we've hosted 2.1 betas on the current public master server with no issues.

tl;dr: You will be able to host with 2.0.7 on the MS just fine after 2.1's release. Why you'd want to is your own question.

Bluecore is incorrect. Versions before 2.0.5 don't work with the master server.

But, I always host 1.0 servers this way.
Yeah they don't show up on the MS list, but people with my Ip can still connect.
Unless that's a whole different thing.

What ever happened to "srb2.servegame.org:28900" anyways?
I thought that was cool. =/

I never even see more than one vanilla server, "CTF LAGGLESS"(by the way, it's laggy as shit), on 2.0.7 anyway. I guess most people are still hosting on 2.0.6?

But, I always host 1.0 servers this way.
Yeah they don't show up on the MS list, but people with my Ip can still connect.
Unless that's a whole different thing.

What ever happened to "srb2.servegame.org:28900" anyways?
I thought that was cool. =/

The master server acts as a pointer to your IP address through a registered list. You hosting on the master server or not has no bearing on people connecting directly through your IP.

2.0.6 had its mutiplayer disabled, you have to update to 2.0.7 if you want to host.

I don't even know how to respond to this. Do you actually read what's posted or check facts before you make claims?

Edit: See below for correction because apparently this has changed.

Last edited:
206ms.png

Did I miss some kind of memo here? That would be amazing if so, considering the fact that I'm the only one currently maintaining the MS.

Phasing out older versions on the MS was always part of the plan. We even do this for mods if the mod authors request it of us -- this is what the "modification options" in the source are for.

Nice to know that I get to be the retard of the day. I still think we shouldn't block 2.0.7 on 2.1's release, if nothing but because the netcode is so rubbish and I'm SURE we'll have issues on release as we always do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back