How did you find out about SRB2?

I knew about SRB2 since the days of 2.0, but our family did not allow me on the PC at the time, and I forgot about it.

Fast forward to 2020, I was finally allowed on the family computer, and I downloaded 2.2.

Needless to say, I never regret the decision.

In 2017, I saw this video about Sonic drowning themes and they included SRB2 ( I thought it was called Sonic Robo 2 Blast back then) then I saw gameplay of 2.2 in December last year so I downloaded it. Loved this game ever since.

I found out about SRB2 from SRB2 Kart when I joined the Kart community in 2019 after seeing a stream showcasing it.

Mod showcases for the game were (and still is in Dave's case) quite popular amongst The Lucky Coin Trio, plus GameChamp300 did a review on SRB, so I eventually decided to download 2.1.25. Then 2.2 came out and I love it so much.

Sometime around 2006 to 2008, I was Googling Sonic games to play in my web browser. There wasn't a lot of good stuff to play after I finished Ultimate Flash Sonic, so I expanded my searches to any free Sonic game. It wasn't long before v1.09.4a was installed on my computer.

Sometime around... I want to say 2011-2012, I was browsing around on YouTube when I stumbled on a video showcasing SRB2's multiplayer. I believe the video was either of 1.09 or 2.0, and it got me immediately interested. From there, I managed to make my way to SRB2's main website, and nowadays I'm pretty sure SRB2 has become my most played game ever.

I'm pretty sure what made me find out about SRB2 was a YT video of Sonic in a snowy area. (I don't think it was the bonus level) When he got to the end a Rosy was there, then there was a Rosypocalypse with Sonic running through Super Mario Bros' 1-2 with an army of Rosy the Rascals chasing him.

Remember those old YTPs? Yeah, that's how I got introduced to SRB2. I was a stupid little kid, so I didn't know how to download it. I also found SRB1 when I was thinking:
''Hm, is there a Sonic Robo Blast 1?''.
After that, I forgot about the game.. Untill..
THE SRB2 2.2 RELEASE TRAILER!
I was suprised to see this game grow this big, so I downloaded SRB2 2.2.2!
Also, when I was a stupid little kid and trying to download it, I almost downloaded it from Softonic lol.

Last edited:
I believe I was looking for various Sonic fangames on SFGHQ. Ended up finding a version of SRB2, but it must have been a REALLY early version because the title screen was completely black. I want to say it was Demo 4, but I'm really not that sure. It definitely wasn't the latest version - SRB2 1.08 was definitely out by then.

At this time, it was just a basic fangame I didn't much understand. Though one day, I noticed a "Multiplayer" button, and attempted to join some servers. It was a bit odd though, as all the server names appeared just as a single number, and every time I tried to join one it said I was missing either $$$.sav, or srb2.srb. At this point I was curious and decided to Google the issue, and found out that SRB2 1.08 was released. I ended up playing it a bit - even on some servers, iirc - though didn't get too much into it. I ended up picking the game back up later after 1.09.4 released, and that's when I really got into the game.

I found out about SRB2 through several YouTube videos I watched as a kid. It started when I asked a user what SRB2 stood for, and he replied with; "Sonic Robo Blast 2. Google it up. -.-"

Once I saw the site for SRB2, I downloaded the game to try it out, and I immediately fell in love with what the game had to offer at the time. I didn't join my first netgame until the summer of 2008, when SRB2 was slowly gaining popularity.

To this day, SRB2 is still one of my favorite fangames to play.

I think I find it out first on Brandon video srb2 ppsspp then I forget the game then remembered it again in retro toaster video

This is a bit of a strange one. Basically, surfing the internet one day I discovered an "All Sonic Drowning Themes" video. For some strange reason, the creator of the video decided to include a few fangames as well. After The Sequel, Before The Sequel, and yup - you guessed it. SRB2.

I got curious and searched it up. I saw some gameplay of it but never bothered to check it out - a lot of things turned me away from it. It wasn't a few months after 2.2's release when my friend was posting screenshots of him playing it and I thought I'd check it out. And wow, I regret not playing this game sooner. What a work of art.

I discovered it through Garrulous64 playing through it with two of his friends!
And then I joined a Team Fortress 2 Discord of all things and found a friend that was a big fan of the game. They posted about 2.2's release trailer, I waited until then and downloaded the game. Now I can't get enough of it!~

one of my old friends showed it to me iirc, 2.2 had just came out and I played on a 24/7 desert bus server with him. only just joined the forums today.

My first encounter with SRB2 was way back in like 2013-14’ish, I saw this legendary video while I was searching up Sonic fan-games on YouTube. I decided to check it out and downloaded 2.0.1. (I think? It was one of the early versions of 2.0) I never really interacted with the MB and just stayed around as a guest, downloading a whole bunch of mods that hopefully my laptop could handle. (it didn’t btw, around 2-5gb of mods and stuff) After my computer dying from mods and having my brother clear it out for me, I lost interest in using my laptop and after 6 months, I returned to it and completely forgot what SRB2 was. Now in 2020, I found out months ago that 2.2 came out, and I decided to give it a shot on that same exact laptop. I haven’t left the community since.

I honestly can't remember how I heard about SRB2. Either it was through word of mouth, or a very bored Google search one day for Sonic fangames because I wanted other content to play, but it was all the way back in like, 2009. I forget what version we were at, exactly, but I wanna say close to or around v2.0. So for all I know, I was sitting here quietly playing the game and going through what must have been an entire MOUNTAIN of mods when the game has already gained a really good bit of traction in both updates and the modding community.

Also, Knuckles was still ugly.

I found srb2 very early June 2007 at noon while surfing through youtube (and seeing the video thumbnail maybe once or twice the day before ), and watched a video of an Amy wad in mystic realm's aerial garden.

Shortly after that I ended up downloading the game (v1.09.4) and played all afternoon. It was the most fun I had that month

regrettably enough i only found out about it through (ironically enough) scottfalco's kart video. a few months later i wanted to branch out a bit and i gave in and got srb2, which was version 2.2.0 at the time.

needless to say i think it was a good decision.

I have no clue when I found out about it. All I remember is that it was after Smash Ultimate was released but before 2.2.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back