SRB2: Is it a risk to your PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope.

SRB2 is totally malware free.

The closest thing to a virus it has is the Supervirus in SRB2JTE, and that's not an actual virus.

It does have junk, though. 90% of the wads people make are junk. But they aren't malware.

Yes, we have spent the last 9 years working on a virus disguised as a Sonic game built off of DooM. We built a massive community to turn into zombie PCs to do our bidding. The virus will be unleashed when the user tries to run a certain "srb2jte.exe", which will cause the screen the glitch up, start playing scary music, and show some guy's face through a red filter. We like to call it: The SuperVirus.

...And we would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!

hahaha, yep. Srb2 is the virus. The virus makes you addicted to playing srb2. Or so we hoped. ;D

SRB2 is safe unless you're playing on a computer with a 10Mhz CPU and 16MB of RAM or something.

If you are, fear for the safety of everything within 10 miles. It's a blast.

I don't get it...why do people think STJR would spend 9 years creating a game thats just going to hold a virus...

That also hapens when I played Runescape, my friends where all like "I'm not gunna pay via credit card, it's a scam"

Yes...Jagex created a huge game just to scam people...

GAH!!!! There's to many topics about this!
There isn't any viruses, trojans, etc. in SRB2! If there was no one would be here...

There is no "Virus" in SRB2 - except with the random chance of getting the SVB thing when playing JTE. But it's no real Virus - just something made by JTE as a suprise, I think.

Jason The Hedgehog said:
Do you truely the people like Mystic or SSNTails would really so harsh as to make a game to blow up all our computers?

In short, yes.

NeoJames said:
That also hapens when I played Runescape, my friends where all like "I'm not gunna pay via credit card, it's a scam"

Maybe you should listen to your friends, then?

FuriousFox said:
Yes, we have spent the last 9 years working on a virus disguised as a Sonic game built off of DooM. We built a massive community to turn into zombie PCs to do our bidding. The virus will be unleashed when the user tries to run a certain "srb2jte.exe", which will cause the screen the glitch up, start playing scary music, and show some guy's face through a red filter. We like to call it: The SuperVirus.

...And we would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!

That summed it up.

...And I hate to get offtopic, but speaking of nine years, when's SRB2's official birthdate? We can't let its ten year anniversary go to waste without celebration, can we? ;P

Blue Warrior said:
...And I hate to get offtopic, but speaking of nine years, when's SRB2's official birthdate? We can't let its ten year anniversary go to waste without celebration, can we? ;P

March (9th?) 1998...

srb2.org said:
SSNTails - Friday, 9th March, 2001

Today marks the grand opening of the site, which also commemorates SRB2's *third* birthday! Check it out and have fun!

srb2.org said:
which also commemorates SRB2's *third* birthday!

lol missed that part

...Which is odd, because I just checked the news archives about a week ago. >_>;;

Penopat said:
NeoJames said:

Maybe you should listen to your friends, then?
They didn't mean it's a waste of money, they mean't that they would scam them as in use they'r credit card number to steal from them

If they thought it wasn't worth it, they wouldn't pay in cash XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back