Is Dark City Zone still planned?

I've personally felt that Dark City Zone should take a more colourful neon look, since there was a thread a few months back noting that many of SRB2's levels (THZ2, DSZ, CEZ, ERZ, BCZ) are either dark, grey or both, and that a level called Dark City probably wouldn't do much to alleviate this trend.

I think the idea of a ruined, abandoned city would be interesting since as Moose mentioned it hasn't really been done in the Sonic series before, but with the above paragraph in mind my take on the trope would probably be closer to the "City reclaimed by nature" motif, and would look something like this:

2316fb6563f64ca8c3abe2e8db826413.jpg

141d3f280e0d2b3d2a97b182210daf76.jpg

a67128538e69d233469badebc10b022b.jpg

Perhaps the zone's name can be kept with the word dark referring to an unpleasant atmosphere or a mysterious secret, rather than visual darkness.

I've personally felt that Dark City Zone should take a more colourful neon look, since there was a thread a few months back noting that many of SRB2's levels (THZ2, DSZ, CEZ, ERZ, BCZ) are either dark, grey or both, and that a level called Dark City probably wouldn't do much to alleviate this trend.

I'm glad my thread is still in the community consciousness!

The majority of levels in SRB2 are dark or grey

I still stand by everything I said there. It's why I'm still wary about Dark City and Grand Eggship.

Yes, the thread/critique about the levels being too dark is 100% spot on analysis.

I LOVE those visual references, Rexeljet! That shit feels so so soooooo right for Sonic. Exotic, evocative, surreal, vaguely post-apocalyptic, and somehow equally cheerful and dystopian simultaneously.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back