Srb2 music from other games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggmanfan

I looked through other sonic games soundtracks and saw Srb2 used some notes and beats from them. Does anybody have a full list of the tracks that were "borrowed".

All that comes to mind is the title screen (Virtual Sonic) and credits (Star Light/Metropolis).

OH, I KNOW ONE!
The music played at Jade Valley Zone resembles Sunset Park Zone from the Game Gear Sonic game, Sonic Triple Trouble.

Red Volcano is based off of the After Burner Music... Or am I just hearing Similarities. :/

Lul. Best version I found was in Samba de Amigo. :U It's from the game After Burner though. :P

EDIT: OK. Never mind. 8P Dunno why I thought that.

I remember in the development of 2.0 I found a song to which Arid Canyon Zone bore a very strong resemblance. Spazzo admitted that he may have been thinking of that song when he composed ACZ's music, but I forget the song itself. Maybe one of the other developers remembers more, or maybe I've crossed a few of the wrong wires in my own memory.

The entire SRB1 remake has songs from other sonic games, but sonic electronic is the only modified song.

Oh and void zone is the only zone with different music then the original, but it still uses a song from a sonic game.

Here's one I've been meaning to show for a while. Prismatic Angel Zone lifts a chord progression from a song in the 1994 video game based on Disney's The Jungle Book. Mystic Realm Zone also uses the same notes, albeit at a much faster pace.

The song in question is called "Scary" in the sound test, which I used to rip the track for your listening pleasure. I recorded it from the Genesis/Mega Drive version, because it's the only one I've ever played and I didn't really feel like checking if the song is the same in all the different versions.

I've also made two quick and dirty comparisons for those who don't hear the similarities immediately. One starts from PAZ and the other from Jungle Book. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back