Certain buttons on PS4 controller don't seem compatible with game

Solid SOAP

I've been playing this for a while, and this problem has persisted from the get-go, but I figured I'd try my hand at figuring out a solution...

I use a PS4 controller, I also have DS4 Windows enabled... why is it that the game doesn't recognize the D-pad, nor the left and right bumpers?

Is there a solution to this?

[...] I use a PS4 controller, I also have DS4 Windows enabled... why is it that the game doesn't recognize the D-pad, nor the left and right bumpers? [...]
As someone who also uses a DualShock 4 (PlayStation 4 controller) through DS4Windows, I don't know why the D-Pad doesn't work for you.

If I use DS4Windows to emulate my DS4 into an X-Input gamepad, then the D-Pad works for me in menus and in gameplay.
If I don't use X-Input emulation, then the D-Pad doesn't work in menus for me, though I can still bind it in the controls setup and use it in-game.

As for the bumpers, that's normal. L2 and R2 aren't "buttons", they're "axes" (like the analogue sticks' movements).

Instead of "Control Configuration", go to "Gamepad Options", and then there are "Move ↕", "Move ↔", "Camera ↕", "Camera ↔", "Jump", "Spin", "Fire", and "Fire Normal" axes that you can set up. ("Fire" and "Fire Normal" are for throwing rings in Match and such.)
Note that you cycle through axis options/settings one by one, you don't click on one and then use an axis to bind it to the used axis.

If you use DS4Windows to emulate your DualShock 4 into an X-Input gamepad, the axes are as follows:
Left stick X: X-Axis
Left stick Y: Y-Axis
Right stick X: X-Rudder
Right stick Y: Y-Rudder
LT (L2): Z-Axis
RT (R2): Z-Rudder
If you don't emulate it into an X-Input gamepad, and instead use your DualShock 4 "as is", the axes are as follows instead:
Left stick X: X-Axis
Left stick Y: Y-Axis
Right stick X: Z-Axis
Right stick Y: X-Rudder
L2: Y-Rudder
R2: Z-Rudder
In both cases, L2 and R2 are separate axes, so you can't assign one of them to "turn left" and the other to "turn right". Essentially, they're only good for being bound to "Jump", "Spin", "Fire", and "Fire Normal". I personally bind L2/R2 to the latter two, and bind L1/R1 to spinning and jumping (in the standard "Control Configuration"), respectively, followed by using the right stick to control the camera.

Also note that the "Camera ↕" axis is reversed from how the gamepad sends input to the game; You should bind "Camera ↕" to "Y-Rudder-" or "X-Rudder-" (with a minus at the end) instead of "Y-Rudder" or "X-Rudder" in order to reverse the axis in-game, so that moving the right stick up makes you look up, not down.

In my experience using my DS4, binding movement to left analog also causes the D-pad to function normally for movement for some reason, but I do have to use analog for browsing the menu. The L2 and R2 trigger buttons work, but after pressing them they act like they are held down whenever they aren't actually held down and act as if they aren't when they are, which is weird. It fixes after a map change, but then breaks again if I press them, so I just don't use those two buttons. Everything else functions fine.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back