Outstanding. He makes a great rival for Modern Sonic. I notice that the thok after the second snap is missing, but I'm sure it's only fair to balance him. I kind of wish he had the boost ability like Modern Sonic, but I guess we should let the boost ability be Modern Sonic's own unique thing.

A 10/10 for his moveset, appearance, animations and balance. This whole character is a masterpiece.

Over 100 replies and 2000 downloads within less than 24 hours of the release. It's pretty crazy how important this character is to a lot of people in this community.

The new sprites absolutely ooze with personality. It's a great blend of Shadow's edgy personality with the classic artstyle that leaves him weirdly adorable.

The Chaos Snap is a super interesting ability, and plays very nicely with the homing attack. Building up a big chain of enemy bounces- using the teleports to extend your range- is super satisfying.

I did find that in tighter platforming situations, the homing attack tended to trigger when I really would've preferred to teleport. I know you've expressed a dislike of the custom buttons in the past, but something like "homing attack won't happen if you're holding custom 1" could help a lot, without bloating the control scheme too much for casual players.

I love the little easter eggs too- at least one of them caught me off guard enough to make me laugh out loud.

Overall I had a blast playing through the game with him.

Stellar add-on. Very fun to play. However, I have a few issues with it.

1. Sometimes Shadow uses the Homing Attack when I want him to use his Chaos Snap, and vice versa. When you have multiple moves set to the same key, these kinds of problems are pretty much inevitable.

2. Another problem is with characters with characters that have an ability tied to the spin key. When these characters, including Shadow, have a shield, the shield ability take priority. Specifically, the problem lies with using Chaos Snap towards the ground. You can still do it, but you have to hold the spin key down before you jump.

3. The Spear of Light ability takes a bit long to charge up. It's cool to use, but it doesn't seem particularly useful due to the wait. But maybe you did this on purpose so he wouldn't just become a better version of Fang. I dunno.

Personally, I would suggest moving the Homing Attack and downward Chaos Snap to the custom keys, to remove conflicts so the player always does what they want to do.

OMG. I'm SO fucking tired of those lasy ass ports. Checkin' out now.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Also, what is the difference between Shadow and Shadowyy?

OMG. I'm SO fucking tired of those lasy ass ports. Checkin' out now.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Also, what is the difference between Shadow and Shadowyy?

Shadovv also shadovv is the anti piracy version

So, after giving this a shot in both Vanilla and Mystic Realm, I have to say, I'm really impressed with this. It's got a lot more extra than I was expecting it to have, and some of these additions (you know which one I'm talking about) really were worth the development time they undoubtedly took.

The spritework here is also really great, even down to giving Super Shadow the magenta flames for his shoes. The ability to color those flames is also a very welcome touch that I appreciate for netgames quite a bit. If I had to make one critique for the sprites, I'd clean up the front, front diagonal, and side angle skating animations a bit more to make them more fluid and on-model, but besides that, it's pretty much perfect.

I've had 0 desynchs in netgames due to Shadow. He's fast, fluid, and fun. He's also very well balanced and fits right in with the vanilla characters. I also really appreciate the effort to keep him in the "Classic" style to fit in more, such as the black eyes and lack of modern sounds/ability-style.

Overall, really impressed, and I'd be really happy to see Shadow, alongside Metal Knuckles and Tails Doll, as Vanilla characters in future versions.

Okay, this character is awsome, the moveset is unique and know how to make the player feel good if learn how to use the habilities, I don't have any complain

But, I think that a little visual changes can be good for the character:
First I think make the homing attack tp shadow to his target, instead of guide him to it can be a good change, like in sonic 06, or use the chaos snap to tp to enemies.
Second The chaos lance could have a lighting efect while moving.
And third this is not visual at all, I think a second version of the spear of light for hyper shadow in a xmomentum support can be a good idea

I also really appreciate the effort to keep him in the "Classic" style to fit in more, such as the black eyes and lack of modern sounds/ability-style.

The black eyes stood out to me immediately, but I don't really see any other changes to his design. He's too detailed to really fit the Classic style. I've seen some fan-made art that stripped down Shadow's details so he wouldn't stand out beside Classic Sonic.

e59c7e55597cdc3f2ce5dbfa7c6075f6.jpg

f6e77cd43c097568c7486ca31757d045.jpg

However, this add-on's Shadow fits more with the style of the Modern Sonic add-on, which I think is appropriate.

The black eyes stood out to me immediately, but I don't really see any other changes to his design. He's too detailed to really fit the Classic style. I've seen some fan-made art that stripped down Shadow's details so he wouldn't stand out beside Classic Sonic.

However, this add-on's Shadow fits more with the style of the Modern Sonic add-on, which I think is appropriate.

I have to disagree. I think his height as well as his more neutral posing and simplicity fits with the artstyle and behavior of the existing characters, as well as the proportions of his body.

If I'm being honest, I don't think there's Sonic characters "too detailed" for classic styling, nor do I think removing details makes them more "classic". It's why I don't really enjoy most takes on a "classic" Shadow. This mod, however, is true to the design and still fits in without looking out of place.

His simplistic moveset is a big contrast to the Modern Sonic mod as well, so again, feels more like classic to me.

Not only is base shadow way too fun to play, but so's his super form. Love warping around and snipping enemies i didn't even know existed. Kudos to you, Inazuma! Thank you for this post exam gift, and all the best with your future.

i found some good secrets

Bike is very fun to play kinda weird to control but i got used to it

Last edited:
Found the some easter eggs, and ohhhh boy ya'll are in for a treat. Not showing them because, y'know that's violating the creator's wishes (don't violate someone's wishes cmon bro)

Can shadow get a config file like silver? The skate colour keeps resetting.

Also rosy as a skate colour is pink for some reason in the console? Probably a written error but thought i let ya know

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back