SRB2 Unofficially(?) on Mobile

I had the great idea to look at the log file it created.

JNI_Startup()...
Device info:
Brand: samsung
Device: herolte
Manufacturer: samsung
Model: SM-G930F
Supported ABIs: arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi
Setting up SRB2...

Sonic Robo Blast 2
Copyright (C) 1998-2020 by Sonic Team Junior

This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.

This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of
the License, or (at your option) any later version.
See the 'LICENSE.txt' file for details.

Sonic the Hedgehog and related characters are trademarks of SEGA.
We do not claim ownership of SEGA's intellectual property used
in this program.

Displaying splash screen
M_StartupLocale...
Looking for WADs in:

Apparently it doesn't find any WADs? Is the creator of the Android port by any chance here?

I'd be more than happy to finally play SRB2 since I'm still waiting (sigh) for SteelT to make a build for Ubuntu 20.04. Otherwise I have to get WINE to play SRB2.

I'm thinking it's either because of phone models (which is weird because my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S9+ so you'd think it could do Lua) or because Lua mods only work if your phone is rooted.

I'm thinking it's either because of phone models (which is weird because my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S9+ so you'd think it could do Lua) or because Lua mods only work if your phone is rooted.

Have you copied the games required files into your phone? Else it won't boot at all.

It makes a folder in Android/data/org.stjr.srb2/files. You need to throw the necessary files in there.

Have you copied the games required files into your phone? Else it won't boot at all.

It makes a folder in Android/data/org.stjr.srb2/files. You need to throw the necessary files in there.

Booting the game is no problem at all. I'm able to go in-game and load add-ons that don't use Lua. But mods that DO use Lua, it doesn't matter if I put the add-ons in the files folder or the addons folder within, it still crashes with a SIGABRT and a SIGSEGV.

This is legit, but you need manually copy the files to a specific directory using Android's file manager. I needed to, at least.

It runs like flaming garbage on my phone, but everything does, including other DOOM source ports, and SRB2 levels are pretty sprawling, so that makes sense.

Last edited:
This is legit, but you need manually copy the files to a specific directory using Android's file manager. I needed to, at least.

It runs like flaming garbage on my phone, but everything does, including other DOOM source ports, and SRB2 levels are pretty sprawling, so that makes sense.

Well, I tried moving addons to the files folder using my phone's pre-installed file manager, but that didn't work either.

I think the error should tell you where you need to move the files, It should also generate a log file with the error somewhere and tell you where to find it in the boot up screen if I'm not mistaken.

I've been playing it on and off whenever I had the chance or whenever I wanted to pass time when I had nothing else to do, currently in DSZ2, runs surprisingly well so far, looking forward to seeing how much my phone will struggle at maintaining that good framerate in CEZ2.

Just found out why I can't run Lua mods from someone on the Discord: Apparently they crash the port on phones using Android 9 and 10, but work on Android 7 and 8.

Apparently it's even on the SRB2 Wiki. I didn't see it there before, but there it is today.

This is rad, I remember someone posting a tutorial long ago making you use a PSP emulator to emulate SRB2 2.0.6, but I'm glad to see that we have a proper port with WAD support too!

Now... when's SRB2Kart for Android?

Hello, just found about this and I would like to play SRB2 on my phone. Downloaded the apk and installed fine, but it wont run, asks for a wad. Where can I find it? Thanks.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back