SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion > Bug Reports

Old 12-10-2019   #1
Zwip-Zwap Zapony

Default [Mild spoiler] can prevent jumps

Warning: Mild spoiler ahead. It's not about something that didn't exist in 2.1, though.
Spoiler:
It's a pretty mild spoiler, but make sure that you've collected all 7 Chaos Emeralds as Sonic (or Sonic & Tails) before viewing it.
Spoiler:
Super Sonic can float by jumping and then holding the Spin key in the air while having a little horizontal velocity. This is just like in 2.1, and earlier too.

But, in 2.2.0, I experience that if I hold Spin and float, then land while still floating (e.g. by hovering into an upwards slope), the next time that I try to jump, Super Sonic will curl up into a jump ball for one tic and play a jump sound, but be un-curled and grounded again the next tic, not actually jumping.

I don't recall whether this happens when float-landing only without Thokking, only after Thokking, or if Thokking is irrelevant; If you can't reproduce the issue while not Thokking, try to Thok the next time.

Also, for best reproduction, try to float-land on an upwards slope, run up the slope, then jump while on the same sector without having fallen off anything first. I don't know if that's relevant either, but it probably is.
Environment: SRB2 v2.2.0 (32-bit), on a 64-bit Windows 10.

Last edited by FuriousFox; 12-14-2019 at 10:19 PM.
Zwip-Zwap Zapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019   #2
FuriousFox
AKA FuriousFox

Probably related: https://git.magicalgirl.moe/STJr/SRB...nal/issues/344
FuriousFox is offline   Reply With Quote