Soap Surfin

Everyone's... second... maybe third... Favorite Sphere is Finally Here!

Trailer

attachment.php

The Derp has some tricks up his glove to get through levels in a stylized way!

Abilities

Derp's versatility is stylized for beginners, but his skill cap is great for veterans!

Bounce: by double jumping, Derp will initiate a bounce! He can use it up to 3 times before striking a pose!
attachment.php

Boomearang: by pressing spin, Derp will be able to throw his ear like a boomerang, being able to hit objects and enemies. Even other players!

attachment.php

Poses

Derp's poses are for show, but some are references that almost no one will get. Don't worry if you don't understand them!

Use console command "poseset" to set how you want the poses,
None: No poses will show up, and will show his spring frame instead.
Common: Only Derp's normal, non-memey poses will show up. This is the default setting.
All: Experience all of Derp's poses, memes and all.

Credits

Lach:
Coding
SanicTheSanic and White: Main Spriting
KamiJoJo and KíbitoÁyame: Spriting Help

Special Thanks to everyone who beta tested Derp!

Supporters / CoAuthors

Attachments

• DerpCSS.png
    DerpCSS.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 28,496
  • srb20002.png
    srb20002.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 902
  • srb20201.gif
    srb20201.gif
    6.4 MB · Views: 27,324
  • srb20202.gif
    srb20202.gif
    5 MB · Views: 26,162
  • srb20203.gif
    srb20203.gif
    5 MB · Views: 1,020
  • VCL_TheDerp-v1.pk3
    642.4 KB · Views: 5,941
Last edited by a moderator:
unknown.png

Me after seeing one of Derp's rare poses.

Great work! I'm so glad that we're getting so many high quality character wads. Welcome to Releases!

Last edited:
Can't wait to play Basketball with Derp!

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

Haha small derp go boing

The trailer is marked as for kids. I think that was a mismark due to the bit at the end with Inawheelchair, and use of the F-bomb witch is not appropriate for anything marked as for kids.

The Trailer should be at least PG13 at best.

The trailer is marked as for kids. I think that was a mismark due to the bit at the end with Inawheelchair, and use of the F-bomb witch is not appropriate for anything marked as for kids.

The Trailer should be at least PG13 at best.
I think it's fine as it is.

Last edited:
God damn, it's been a while since I've had this much fun playing a custom character. The Derp mechanically feels like he was custom-tailored to SRB2's style of gameplay; the way he can interact with terrain to reach crazy heights puts some campaign levels into an entirely new perspective, and there's something about the unique risk-reward nature of the triple bounce mechanic that is intensely stimulating.

The animation is great, too! The squish-and-stretch on bounce, the flashy effects on triple jump, and the Rayman-esque detached-limbs all make this character feel like something straight out of the Saturn era.

Instant classic.

Whoo man. It was a long wait, but it was damn worth it! The Derp, possibly one of my favorite custom characters from SRB2Kart, finally makes his way into the predecessor, and oh boy is he unique! The bounce allows you to get insane horizontal and vertical movement if used right, and it's really fun to use!

However, I do have gripes with the Boomearang. I feel like it should auto target within a radius of Derp. That way, you won't have to press spin twice every time you want to use the Boomearang, and would allow for much more easier use of it (it still should of course have it's targeting feature, but only when enemies aren't within the radius)

Overall, I really like this character in terms of it's, well, everything! From the wacky rare reference when you have "setpose" at all is a really neat touch (especially the kart krew one), and it doesn't get too much in the way. The character's momentum has basically no limit, and to top it all off, he looks so cute! It's not like Kirby level cute, but it gets close.

Still, I really like what you did with this character, Soap. Excellent props.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back