[Open Assets] Fusionha! - Fuse together with a friend!

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Golden Shine

Speeding Gleam
I know I'm meant to work on Samus, but I had the inspiration to throw together a fusionha script. Does it fuse you into 1 powerful DBZ-esque warrior worthy of becoming the legendary Super Hedgehog?

.....well, that'd be 50x cooler, but no. It's just a quick silly control-switcher I threw together one afternoon. Type FUSIONHA into the console to ready yourself for fusion. Anybody else who then enters FUSIONHA near you will now fuse with you. When fused, every second the game will switch gameplay to the other character indicated by a beep and emblem symbol. Type FUSIONHA again to unfuse.

You'll have to work together and sync your movements to succeed, making the game much harder when your idiot friend goes for that ringbox in the middle of a platforming section. Great for destroying friendships! It's highly recommended(but not necessary) to use the same character for your sanity's sake. Try beating the game fused or have a 2v2 race/match with all parties fused!

Limitations:
Code:
-Mostly tested in coop. Likely works fine with Match and Race, but probably bugs out in other modes.
-Might glitch a little with more advanced custom characters.
-If SRB2's 3rd person camera lag makes you nauseous, try 1st person.
-You can only fuse with 1 person at a time.
-Probably other minor bugs. This script was pretty spontaneous.

[SIZE=1]If anyone feels like adding infinite-fusion support or  something else, feel free to, but I'm personally done with this  experiment.[/SIZE]

Attachments

• srb20041.gif
    srb20041.gif
    6.3 MB · Views: 2,172
  • FusionHa.lua
    9.9 KB · Views: 954
Last edited:
Redacted
Moderator note: This is not the place to be advertising your own work.

Last edited:
Oh wow, this looks nice! The only thing I've done is look at the gif and... All I can really say is that it reminds me a lot of Perfect Possession from Antinomy of Common Flowers, where you have the Master and then the Slave, and you can switch between the two at (almost?) any time. This'll be fun to try out. Though... At the same time it's different due to the fact that it's not at the players' will to switch, and is completely forced.

Last edited:
Redacted
Moderator note: This is not the place to be advertising your own work.

You posted a Goku sprite? It sounds rad, a shame I missed it.

srb20038.gif

Fun times.

I predicted people would do crazy and stupid things...yet I didn't expect this for some reason.

This is awesome!!
The skin colours should also blend together, including Super colours - I think that'd be neat!

If you want, you can both turn purple manually if you're blue and the other person is red. I think it makes it a little harder to figure out who's turn it is, though.

Oh wow, this looks nice! The only thing I've done is look at the gif and... All I can really say is that it reminds me a lot of Perfect Possession from Antinomy of Common Flowers, where you have the Master and then the Slave, and you can switch between the two at (almost?) any time. This'll be fun to try out. Though... At the same time it's different due to the fact that it's not at the players' will to switch, and is completely forced.

I could make a quick update that holds off the fusion-switch so long as you're holding CUSTOM 3 or something. Part of the challenge is to get through levels WITH the switching, though.

I wish the game didn't break if someone in a fusion disconnects.

I honestly have 5 suggestions/requests for this:

- A way to change how long each character plays for

- Force-fusion for admins to be able to force players together

- Fusion-breaking moves like a thok that spreads each person in the fusion out at different speeds, flight that autosplits everyone into a multi-carry, and glide that, when impacting an enemy, chucks every other person in the fusion into the air to land on the enemy again.

- Ability to fuse with more than one person

- Compatibility with Samus, giving any items collected to whoever in the fusion doesn't have it yet, combining all ammo counts together, keeping shinespark and morph ball states, etc.

Still a very very fun time!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back