• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

fickle hearts and other parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it looks more like some sort of war game. between red and blue badniks.

But it also includes badnik racing so...

kart0092.gif

custom transtables + a ton of papersprites = one demolished processor and some lighting trickery

kart0182.png

I suppose getting in-game and loading counts as "working", so.... yes?

-----

kart0173.gif

I'm back on my "ACZWOOD as a default texture" bullshit

Like the concept of the headlights for a Kart map. And Clock Towers as a Kart map too? I'm for it.

I think the ring shadows should be smaller than the player shadow, but otherwise that looks absolutely fantastic!

Last edited:
Rings and players actually have the same radius (16 fracunits) according to info.c. Small maces are 17 fracunits in radius, but I can't tell from the gif if the thing radius affects the shadow size.
From the code it seems to, though:
0690cef76f.png

Okay, that is some good shit.

I'm curious about the performance impact of the drop shadows, though, especially in larger levels like CEZ2.

Okay, that is some good shit.

I'm curious about the performance impact of the drop shadows, though, especially in larger levels like CEZ2.
They're handled only in-renderer and only for on-screen sprites, so hopefully not too much of an impact!

This could work as a replacement for loops...[/S]

Actually I would like to see how fast that goes with a ground momentum-enhancing script.

srb20105.gif
srb20106.gif
srb20102.gif
Really came in here to complement these camera angles. And I'm rarely one to frequent the editing section of the forum. I feel those 2D camera angles and 3D - 2D camera transition would be wonderful to have in the master build.

Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back