Mario Kart 8 SRB2 Community Tournament! [SRB2Kart]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatian

KartKrew™
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
SRB2KartTournament.jpg

Now that more than one or two people from the community have grabbed the game, I decided to set up a tournament for us. (appropriately named, I believe :V) The ruleset is fairly simple at the moment, but depending on how big it gets or how things go, rules and starting/ending times will change if things get suggested.

Leave your Nintendo ID here for others to grab so we can all keep track of each other so we know when we're racing.

With that I'll start us off and give my Nintendo ID: Blue9knight

Hope to see there for some fun races!

I'm in.

My Nintendo ID: wolfy852

Well that's cool. I wasn't aware that Mario Kart 8 could do that. I wish I could leave my Nintendo ID Network here but alas, I don't have a Wii U at the moment.

Ugh, this just makes me want MK8 even more than I already do! Wish I could join.

Well, judging by how the MK7 community went, I dunno if this'll work out, but I'll say my NNID is the same as my nick, D00D64

Totally entering this, even though I'm probably gonna lose horribly. NNID is Yackerw, although my Mii is just Yacker.

I'm curious, what happened? I wasn't around at the time when there was a Mario Kart 7 community.

Same thing that's happening right now; nobody is playing in it because nobody is on and willing to enter the room at the same time. In 7, we did this a few times, but the item balance in 7 isn't adjusted enough for 3 or 4 players at a time. So if you COULD find somebody, it was just a mess because there's not enough players. I dunno if that applies to 8, because again, nobody is playing in the SRB2Kart tourney at the same time.

...So yeah, no real point to this. Might as well just swap NNIDs.

Same thing that's happening right now; nobody is playing in it because nobody is on and willing to enter the room at the same time.

Well, the actual tournament doesn't start until Saturday so...

Ah, right, I'm a total idiot, I kept thinking this ran by community rules...

Well, I feel dumb, I guess I'll see how Saturday turns out.

All right, so...

Last week was a complete bust, most of us were busy, and some just plain didn't appear. I'm going to try adjusting the tournament details to accommodate the small size we have, and change the time so that it gives us more freedom on when we want to play, but I first need to figure out how to edit tournaments, if you can at all.

Can they even be deleted?

I don't know if this is possible, but it might work if you made the window of opportunity to play the games just one or two hours long. So people taking part will have to join at that specific time, which will cause people to get together without having to tell each other on steam/irc/whatever to come online for a race.

Whatever happens though, I've gone ahead and signed up for this too. NNID: Whackjood

Would love to join in... if I had a Wii U. Only now am I hopping on the ORIGINAL Wii bandwagon... :P

On a slightly different note... what if we had 'real' SRB2Kart tournaments?

Would love to join in... if I had a Wii U. Only now am I hopping on the ORIGINAL Wii bandwagon... :P

On a slightly different note... what if we had 'real' SRB2Kart tournaments?

That'd be pretty cool, but it'd have to wait until our 2.1 porting is finished which could possibly take a very, very long time considering how messy our code is :(

On the tounament details thing, it says "Weekly Saturday 17:00 - Friday 23:00".
But what time exactly is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back