LonelyFoxz

Hi I Exist
Robe_CCS_HDS.png

It's About Time I Made A Character! Introducing Robe [Ro-Bae]

ROBE_SUB.png
SHOCK JUMP
ROBE_SUB.png

srb21490.gif

Shock Jump is Robe's main ability. Hold Jump and he slowly rises into the air cutting his current speed in half. He can also lift players.

ROBE_SUB.png
ELECTRIC VORTEX
ROBE_SUB.png

srb21493.gif

Electric Vortex is Robe's Secondary ability. Hold Spin and he dashes forward sucking in rings and enemies to maintain his battery gauge.

ROBE_SUB.png
Credit
ROBE_SUB.png

SMS Alfredo for the Main Code
Golden for further optimizations
Frostiikin for the Custom Super Colors
and the Testers who helped improve the mod. You know who you are.

Known Bugs
Being too close and grounded to a bustable wall just has him rebound off of it. dashing from afar or doing it in the air will always work.

Not technically a bug but worth mentioning. using any electrical moves while the enemy is blocked off will make it float after you like a snapping turtle trying to bite you from the tank.

Change Log
V1
- Initial Release

V1.01
- Robe can no longer attract enemies in netgames in order to increase stability.
- Rings will now properly give Robe energy when he collects them while riding something like the pullies in ACZ.
- Robe's own attraction no longer conflicts with that of the Attraction Shield's.
- Robe's charge animation is now properly cancelled upon completing a level.

V1.02.1
- Updated the localization files

V1.02.2 [Hot Fix]
- Fixed an issue involving the Egg Guards being attractable with their shields equipped

V1.03
- Rolling or drilling as Robe now displays his dash sprites.
- Robe's NiGHTS sprites now have ears.
- Robe's HUD no longer displays in NiGHTS.
- Removed an odd afterimage while transforming in NiGHTS.
- Robe can now be damaged by lava in NiGHTS.
- Robe can now use rollangle properly.
- Attracting blue spheres is now possible in the Multiplayer Special Stages.
- Robe's ability to stand on spiked floors has been restored.
- Robe can once again be damaged by damage water.
- Robe's nullification of any electric damage has been restored. And this time you can now also pierce Brak's defenses :]

V1.04
- Robe can now use shields again, since somehow it got completely disabled over the past couple updates. Like last time, hold jump and then press spin to do so.
- Made it so that Robe can activate the Electric Vortex multiple times in one jump, and after using the Shock Jump, like in previous versions.
- Fixed error that would pop up when going over electric floors.
- Robe can now regenerate energy when jumping. However, it's 4x slower than regeneration on the ground. This allows you to get some energy back when you're platforming but not using your abilities.
- Added Cross Momentum support. The Electric Vortex's speed is now relative to Robe's speed before activating, and speed will be gained over time. Both of Robe's abilities are buffed significantly while hyper.

ENJOY

Supporters / CoAuthors

Attachments

• srb21498.gif
    srb21498.gif
    6.3 MB · Views: 1,054
  • CL_Robe-v1.04.pk3
    183.4 KB · Views: 1,239
Last edited by a moderator:
The abilities feel very satisfying to use! I really like the spark effects and sound choices. also he smol

Welcome to releases!

I still am happy I was able to work with you to realize this character! He's really awesome, and I'm definitely going to continue playing him down the line.

Last edited:
So. I played this character from Greenflower to Techno Hill so far, and my I was in for a surprise. This little guy is so freaking fun to play as. I love his sprites, and I like the fact that the abilities are so good yet they have a gauge to keep them balanced. A very good character overall and I love playing as him.

the head design reminds me a lot of Robotboy (hey, who remembers that cartoon?), plus I love its mechanics and also its system.
now you have a much proper reason to hit enemies and get rings

AWWWWWWWWWW, HE LOOKS SO CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~
I am really happy that this released, i was waiting to play with this CUTE guy.

That cute (it this why we should pronounce it "RO-BAE"?) little robot was fun to play with.
I still feel like I should point out a few things. First of all, it seems Robe can not recover his battery (by collecting rings) if he is hanging on something (Arid Canyon ropes and Tails pickup, for example)
I'm very curious about why did you add a super form that works only during Metal Sonic race...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back