The Missing CTF stages

Status
Not open for further replies.
A while back there was this mappack that included previews of 10 new CTF maps that would see the light of day in 2.1. But come the official release of 2.1, half of these CTF maps are gone.

The ones I personally mention are Nostalgic Pass Zone and Aquatic Base Zone. There's also Dusty Barracks Zone, Techno Lazer Zone, and Conveyor Conflict Zone, but I never really saw those three as significant.

Before 2.1's release we went and cleared out unwanted maps from the multiplayer rotations, I think that's all there is to it.

Oh, so the new CTF maps were decided by user feedback.

Are there any WAD's or pk3's that restore the removed CTF stages (and any removed Match stages if they exist)?

I'm sure someone on the Skybase ported those maps to 2.1 like they did with the circuit maps. If not, give it time and someone will have eventually ported them.

I'll admit, I miss Nostalgic Pass, Dusty Barracks, and Techno Laser, but I'm extremely grateful that Aquatic Base didn't get put in. That level did nothing but lag. If you managed to play it without lag then I'm sincerely impressed.

Oh, so the new CTF maps were decided by user feedback.
Well, part user feedback and part dev team testing. The stages that were removed turned out not to play so well.

Are there any WAD's or pk3's that restore the removed CTF stages (and any removed Match stages if they exist)?
Download the old preview WAD, extract the stages that didn't make the cut and update their level headers. It's a two-minute job.

I took the liberty of porting the CTF maps, I even fixed the sound on Techno Laser and the unknown thing type errors on Aquatic Base. I'm probably not allowed to post it though but I guess you can PM me about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back