Egg Satelitte is RIDICULOUSLY HARD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrStephen

My PhD is made out of foam.
Judge
Hello. I just had a full ragequit in 2.1: The Egg Satelitte. It's harder than Metal Sonic and the Final boss COMBINED. This stage is HELL. Almost everything slows you down and counts -5 seconds in your timer. The hazards are too hard to dodge. The number of spheres is a good challenge but the timer is not the best one. I mean, it's 150 seconds. Dusty Wasteland is 100 seconds, BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE 2000 LASERS AND CRUSHERS TRYING TO F*** YOU OVER. By the time I get to the capsule (120 Spheres) I have around 23 seconds remaining. And I need like 70 to get past through the rest of the stage. WHICH IS EVEN HARDER.
I still can't beat this. It made me ragequit A LOT. And I don't usually rage in any game.
Seriously, STJR. Make this a bit easier. Less hazards or more time? Or maybe 90 Spheres and not 120. Please.

I don't think the developers are going to change it. One of them is probably going to come in here and post something along the lines of "deal with it".

This special stage also frustrates me, but I guess we just gotta work through it. :/

Think THAT'S bad?

bVUqeiq.jpg

Nuff said.

Hard? I suck major shit at NiGHTS, but I beat it at my third attempt. It's hard, sure, but not as difficult as you're making it out to be.

Last edited:
I was just showing off a bit. =P

There's some stuff in that video that can help you out though, if you're that stuck. You don't have to master the mode to do some of the things in there.

I'd also love to note that back in 2.0.X, people raged pretty hard about special stage 7 and demanded a nerf for that at launch, too. With some practice, SS7 isn't that bad.

I actually practiced with both the old and new SS7, and after a few tries I at least learned from my mistakes. My advice would be to take some sections slow in the new SS7 to get used to it.

In the end, I think the difficulty on the last special stage is pretty fair considering what a game breaker your reward is. I particularly like the laser fan segment because if you get hit it's your own damn fault.

The appearing/disappearing walls are a bit bullshit though. They're not random, but there's really no way to know what the layout is going to be like until you get there, beyond just playing the stage over and over ago until you memorize the patterns as a function of the timer, which is a bit demanding for just casually playing through the stage (as opposed to grinding out a score/time attack record). This is where I usually break my link, since I always bump into something.

And overall the scoring system is a little bit insane. If I can keep a 200 link chain going, then my rank probably shouldn't be an E; that's kind of discouraging. I'd say keep the highest ranks where they are but go a little easier on the lower ranks so people don't come out feeling so shitty when they actually did a pretty good job.

Here's something that might help: Press the spin button to slow down. I had to use the spin button quite a bit on the volcano special stage. However if you're trying to get an A, I really can't help there.

Hello. I just had a full ragequit in 2.1: The Egg Satelitte. It's harder than Metal Sonic and the Final boss COMBINED. This stage is HELL. Almost everything slows you down and counts -5 seconds in your timer. The hazards are too hard to dodge. The number of spheres is a good challenge but the timer is not the best one. I mean, it's 150 seconds. Dusty Wasteland is 100 seconds, BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE 2000 LASERS AND CRUSHERS TRYING TO F*** YOU OVER. By the time I get to the capsule (120 Spheres) I have around 23 seconds remaining. And I need like 70 to get past through the rest of the stage. WHICH IS EVEN HARDER.
I still can't beat this. It made me ragequit A LOT. And I don't usually rage in any game.
Seriously, STJR. Make this a bit easier. Less hazards or more time? Or maybe 90 Spheres and not 120. Please.

It's all in the skill of the player. You just need to practice harder instead of coming on the forums telling us how you can't handle a Special Stage that is supposed to be hard... =\

Last edited:
The appearing/disappearing walls are a bit bullshit though. They're not random, but there's really no way to know what the layout is going to be like until you get there, beyond just playing the stage over and over ago until you memorize the patterns as a function of the timer, which is a bit demanding for just casually playing through the stage (as opposed to grinding out a score/time attack record). This is where I usually break my link, since I always bump into something.

My original design had it so that there were 3 colors so you always knew which one was going to go next. I could revert to that, if you think that would help. I like the section a lot, but if it needs to be presented better, I'm willing to make further attempts to do so.

And overall the scoring system is a little bit insane. If I can keep a 200 link chain going, then my rank probably shouldn't be an E; that's kind of discouraging. I'd say keep the highest ranks where they are but go a little easier on the lower ranks so people don't come out feeling so shitty when they actually did a pretty good job.

Probably a good idea, though I've been toying with the idea that maybe in SP, the grades shouldn't show in the first place (but still record for NiGHTS mode). That might help ease the pain a bit there too, because the grade is only really relevant for score attacking. I'll take a closer look at some of the lower score brackets though.

That better be an A. Your entire scoring system is mocking me.

It's a rainbow A. Our equivalent of an S rank in other games.

This reminds me--would you guys mind giving us unlimited attempts at the special stages once we beat the game for the first time? Playing GFZ1 over and over again to collect that incredibly easy-to-collect token can get very boring after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back