Ring Capture v.1.1 (+Hardcore Mode!) (ringcapture.pk3)

Tatsuru

2.3 will have menus
Sonic Team Junior
Here's the old game mode from 1.09.4's ShufflarB2, now in 2.1 and free from any custom EXEs.

Changelog:
v1.1
- Fixed a rare glitch that would prevent rings from being drained
- Fixed Attraction Shields turning colored rings into normal ones and preventing players from turning them in
- Fixed several issues with Inazuma and other characters with custom projectiles
- Changed position of the team scores on the HUD

- Initial release
This script overrides CTF. The objective is to collect as much rings as you can and deposit them on your team's ring bank, via the magnets placed on the platform where the team flag normally sits on CTF. Every 3 minutes into the match, colored rings of different values and sizes will start raining from the sky on the center of the map, giving both teams an opportunity to boost their team's total ring count. Their values are inversely proportional to their sizes.

Red rings - 10 rings
Orange rings - 20 rings
Yellow rings - 40 rings
Green rings - 60 rings
Blue rings - 80 rings
Violet rings - 100 rings

You can also shoot the magnets of the enemy team's base, deactivating them for 5 seconds and dropping up to 20 rings from their bank for each magnet shot. Conversely, you can also deposit rings to the enemy team's bank, but at a much slower rate than your own, and each ring deposited to them will be subtracted from your score.

Not enough a challenge? Enter Hardcore mode, which can be activated by entering hardcore in the console. In this mode, all normal rings are gone, and the only way to obtain rings for yourself and your team are your team's rings and monitors, all swapped places with the ones in the enemy base. Alternatively, you can wait for the ring rain, which will only drop big red and blue rings, but be careful! Picking rings with the same color as your team will give you 10 rings, but picking those of the enemy team will subtract 5 rings from your count. Also, magnets will only drop 10 rings maximum when shot.

Important: The default time limit for CTF in SRB2 is disabled, and the point limit is set to 5 instead. Since this script will render it impossible to score using flags, you're advised to set your own time limit (recommended 10 minutes) to ensure that the match will finish.

Commands
RINGSHOWER: This can change the interval between each ring rain. Use cautiously, as too many rings in the same place may make the game lag.
HARDCORE: Toggles Hardcore mode.
Known issues:
- This script searches for Strong Random Monitors to spawn rings, which in all vanilla maps are placed in the very middle of the map. Custom CTF maps that don't have SRMs or have them placed somewhere else than the center will have either rings rain somewhere other than the center or not at all.
- Due to a particularity of his code, Silver is unable to damage enemy magnets. Inazuma also can't, but purposefully so, for balancing issues (just try it!).
- Samus is not compatible with this mode, due to her health working differently from other characters.

Attachments

• srb20016.gif
    srb20016.gif
    4.5 MB · Views: 865
  • srb20017.gif
    srb20017.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 759
  • srb20018.gif
    srb20018.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 483
  • ringcapturev1.1.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
Woah, blast from the past. I should give this a whirl sometime, I only played ring mode a couple of times back when shufflarb2 was still a thing, but it was a fun jaunt. Wonder if it still holds up?

Wonder if it still holds up?

While it's not exactly the same thing as the original (you don't get notified if a team magnet gets attacked, rings have different values and colors than the original, you can attack magnets from anywhere instead of having to step on the platform, et cetera) I believe I've managed to maintain the essence of the gametype, at least, since I deliberately left those features out.

No to mention there's an new mode I've added to it that might spice up things a bit, although I haven't really tested it myself d:

Felt it was time for an update! Only a few bugfixes, though.

v1.1
- Fixed a rare glitch that would prevent rings from being drained
- Fixed Attraction Shields turning colored rings into normal ones and preventing players from turning them in
- Fixed several issues with Inazuma and other characters with custom projectiles
- Changed position of the team scores on the HUD

Attachments

• ringcapturev1.1.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 232

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back