Resource icon
This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Introducing: The Cloning System!

What does this do?
It allows you to "clone" a character, and modify abilities.
This doesn't copy the majority of character related files into a wad
the minimum (recommended) files are "S_SKIN, LUA_CLNE, STNDA0, LIFEA0, SIGNA0, XTRAA0, and XTRAB0"

I've also included a base wad for each character.
Since we still have to use S_SKIN, we can make use of it for changing character abilities.
Also, you can give Amy and Fang a spindash (Sonic or Tails' animation can be used).
(I will probably be uploading a bunch of clones to my trash link, so look forward to that.)

Every character works fine, with one exception: Tails.
Yes, out of the six characters, only the two tailed fox causes an issue.
(Well technically Metal doesn't flash during boost mode but that's not important)

I haven't figured out how to spawn his tails (without adding them to the wad), so screw the tails.
Instead, he can swim in midair! It's the only "reasonable" option.

Aside from that stupid change, it's essentially a perfect in-gameplay clone.
It doesn't show up on Player Setup/Continues/etc.

Lastly, screenshots don't mean much, but I've got a gif of "Miles" and custom CSS portraits.

tl;dr You can have Amy with a spindash and a thok, and still have vanilla Amy.

Credits
Frostiikin: for Improved Dash Mode color changing

Golden: for Tails' tails

Version 1: Initial
Version 1.1: Fixed variable walking animations
Version 1.2: Amy/Fang can jump as a ball, SF_DASHMODE now has an indicator
Version 1.2.1: Metal's Dash Mode is more accurate to vanilla
Version 1.3: Fang now has swimming frames
Version 1.4: Tails now has tails, and his normal flying animation! I've also removed the fun stuff, but I'll be leaving the previous version on this post.
Version 1.4.1: Improved Dash Mode coloring changing, fix minor bug with Tails' tails

Attachments

• srb20070.gif
    srb20070.gif
    659.3 KB · Views: 1,742
  • srb20071.gif
    srb20071.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,857
  • srb20112.gif
    srb20112.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,011
  • srb20125.gif
    srb20125.gif
    663.9 KB · Views: 1,050
  • VCL_Clones-v1.3.pk3
    59.5 KB · Views: 505
  • CL_Clones-v1.4.1.pk3
    60.6 KB · Views: 463
Last edited:
I can definitely see a use case for this. I'm sure there are some people out there who don't want to replace Sonic's abilities with every single player lua they make (like me).

I Got On Slade And Got on all of the Clones and there was no sprites it was just using the normal sprites... weird 🤔
The goal of the cloning system is to copy player graphics, without copying all of them into a wad. It's kind of pointless to copy all of the player graphics into another wad, when you can use what's already there.

Update v1.4: Tails now has his tails! This effectively means we have a perfect clone of every character, minus Metal's dash mode.

Update v1.4.1: Improved Dash Mode color changing, minor bug fix for Tails' tails.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back