Mania Slanted HUD! [S2ManiaHUD.wad]

StellarStardust

I am the perfect and elegant maid~
srb20485.png

Ever wanted to replace the vanilla SRB2 HUD with something a bit more interesting? No? Well, here you go anyways.

srb20486.png

This HUD is a mix of Sonic 2 and Mania's HUD, and it also has support for FSonic, TailsCD, Mighty and Ray, as well as MonitorsPlus too.

I hope you enjoy this little mini-project I whipped up in my spare time. :)

srb20487.png

Also, credit to White T.U for letting me use his Super Sonic life icon.

Changelog:
v.10: Original release.

Attachments

• S2ManiaHUD.zip
    10.2 KB · Views: 1,585
Last edited:
Welcome to Releases!

Just a note, but expanded timer display shown in the screenshots is the result of setting "timer display" to "centiseconds" in options -> game options from the esc menu. You can also set this directly in the console by typing in "timerres 2".

Last edited:
See anything wrong w/ this?
(Hint: Only one number is involved, which should be obvious since it is the only number that's misplaced. Note: Click on the thumbnail to see the image.)
Other than that, nice hud design!

Attachments

• srb20048.png
    srb20048.png
    266.9 KB · Views: 1,029
What do you convert the life icons (.PNG) into to get them to show the correct/change palette (like when Super) in-game? I want to add in Shadow, Amy and Metal Sonic life icons.

Last edited:
You've got to color them green in order to make them change color, or whatever the rest of the character sprites are colored. Otherwise they'll never change color. It helps if you know a little about making custom characters.

You've got to color them green in order to make them change color, or whatever the rest of the character sprites are colored. Otherwise they'll never change color. It helps if you know a little about making custom characters.

But what if you have other colors on the sprite too (like the ones you don't want to change)? And what Doom graphic do you save the sprite at (ex: a life icon for Shadow)? Finally, where do you get the green colors from?

5de36fd201aee.jpg

Ex: This is the icon I want for Shadow in SRB2. How do I edit this?

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back