SC_Castle (Final v2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RafaelXFire

THOUSAND YEARS OF DEATH
After this update will not update it more

Put zip file for those who do not have the .rar file.
----------------------------

if you find bugs please contact me.

Attachments

• srb20064.png
    srb20064.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,265
  • srb20065.png
    srb20065.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,215
  • srb20075.png
    srb20075.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 879
  • srb20074.png
    srb20074.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 935
  • SC_Castle.rar
    4.7 MB · Views: 658
  • SC_Castle.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 566
Last edited:
MAP02 has no exit. If you fix that you should be good to go for release.

Click on Edit Addon Details in the opening post and you can upload a new copy of the wad there after you've made the change.

Well, it can be completed now. Although if you haven't done so already, I would reccomend reading the Level Design 101 article on the SRB2 Wiki if you're interested in mapping some more in future, to help improve your levels.

Well, this looks like a typical 'my first level' wad, because alot of the rooms have enemies in them, but almost no sector scenery. Some of the rooms also have nothing in them, like the room at the end next to the exit.

Also, what is the purpose of this here?

srb20019.gif

Is it a broken button or something?

The first level in this pack has a lot of issues I've seen from other beginners' levels: dead ends everywhere, little to no scenery, overuse of certain textures making parts of the map very similar and indistinguishable to each other, and rooms with absolutely nothing in them. There are a couple parts of this map I genuinely liked, like the fact that you did include a few secrets. Also:

EGfHwA3.png

I dunno what this is supposed to be. This is located right next to the exit, outside the large empty room. And there's also the aforementioned broken button, which goes up instead of down.

The second level... Meh, what else can I say outside of "It's a typical Eggmobile bossfight". This seems to have been done alright.

So yeah, look up Level Design 101 on the wiki. It's got a lot of very useful info for people just starting out mapping.

You can't access record attack, leaving 4 emblems un-obtainable. Besides that, this map is okay, for a start. I'd give you some criticism, but people before me have already said everything I can think of.

Nice level, but it is really confusing where to go, as a room looks like it has a path, but ends up leading you to some ring boxes or nothing.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Well, this looks like a typical 'my first level' wad, because alot of the rooms have enemies in them, but almost no sector scenery. Some of the rooms also have nothing in them, like the room at the end next to the exit.

Also, what is the purpose of this here?

srb20019.gif

Is it a broken button or something?

I figured out that it was a switch to open a door.

Good part of the final should have a texture made ​​by me, and this part is ae an empty room that is in production, I will still fix it

One problem with the first act is it's way too short. You can beat it in about 30 seconds.

srb20000.gif

The castle has a lot of empty rooms too. Try putting a sheild or ring boxes in those places, it will encourage the player to explore a bit more. Also, the slime moat isn't colormapped. Other than that, it's an okay first level.

OK, looking back at the level, it has had a few more updates.

-I see you have made the level longer, and it seems to be a decent length, just about the length of Greenflower Zone 1.

-Those trapgoyles, they're only used once in the level and have alot of valid placements anywhere else.

-You fixed the button, I think a good thing to do is to change the button's texture to redwalls or atleast something that isn't Bricks.

-As Knux576 said...
The castle has a lot of empty rooms too. Try putting a sheild or ring boxes in those places, it will encourage the player to explore a bit more.

-Castle Destoried Zone doesn't sound like a fitting name, Destoried Castle Zone will sound better.

tYYlA8v.png

Knux' emblem is in the ground. You might want to fix that...Also, trying to view South Island in record attack crashes SRB2, and the time emblem in Castle Zone is impossible to obtain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back