• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Rururururu-Round Sonic! (Not like that you sicko.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIG7Pro

I hate my life.
I forgot how to do spoiler text so...

Story!
One dyay, I was on the SRB2KK Discord Server, I posted a mod, it was called Round Sonic, it was meant to be a joke parody based off of Chrispy's Pointy Sonic.

Someone said that Pointy Sonic was based off of Saturn-Era Sonic, so, they suggested I make Round Sonic based on Sonic Champion's Sonic (Known as Sonic The Fighters in Japan)

I found out how to do spoilers now! Yipee!

I immediatly went to work on these sprites during school.

I worked on my first sprite, his idle sprite.
RoundSonicIdleA.png

The Pixel is there on purpose

I then worked on his drown and death sprites when i was at home

RoundSonicDROWN.png

RoundSonicDIE.png

(His death sprite has ! marks mirrored, not devilish horns)
I send it to Chrispy, and he kinda approved it.
Screenshot_2020-11-27_at_11.06.27_PM.png

Okay, now mainly, do you all like these sprites, critisizm is taken, some sprites still be needed to be made,

please
told you
and the dropdash code is broken lol

If you want Pointy Sonic but not for 2.1, make sure to follow Chrispy on Twitter for the new news about 2.2 Pointy Sonic, Roundy Boi Over here is just a parody pointy sonic for the meanwhile.

(EDIT: SOME SPRITES MAY BE REMADE SO THE SPRITES SHOWN MAY BE OBSOLETE FROM WHEN THE MOD IS FINISHED)

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres more to a character, even a joke character, than just a set of sprites. So far they don't look very different from vanilla, but given that its based of a much more round version of sonic, it does make sense.
Having the sprites however is not enough, you need an idea of a moveset for him too, otherwise you'll either have no clue what to sprite, or waste time and resources spriting things that become unused or scrapped.
tl:dr: Make sprites a little more distinct, have a plan for moveset before moving on.

I do have an idea for his moveset, and I can/will edit the sprites once I can use my computer again.

I just need to code the lua

hold on.... STF Sonic?
now that's something very unexpected to use as a Sonic character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back