What is your favorite Sonic design/artstyle?

ManuelRome

When it comes to Sonic, I think there's a lot of differences between each design and its personality. So, my favorite design, at least in terms of the classic design, is definitely the one from Sonic CD, specifically talking about the one from the animation.

JsnLNTI.png

And from the more modern Sonic, I think the way that the Sonic Channel draws their characters look really cool.

5ot15uB.png

So what are you favorite Sonic designs or artstyles that he's had over the years?

I like the Japanese design used around Sonic 3&K's release but I still have a soft spot for Yuji Uekawa's style during the Adventure era.

Classic Sonic with green eyes and nothing else exists.
Fr though, Heroes Sonic for the design and BK Sonic for the personality.

Off topic, but BK is slept on

Last edited:
CD Opening/OVA style, all the way. I would still watch an entire series that looks like that.

:thonk:

I have a bit more favorite Sonic designs and artstyles. I have the SA1, Junio and Jam designs/artstyles. They're pretty good.

Last edited:
I've always loved the art for Sonic Riders as well as other early-2000s sonic games

latest

latest

The 3D renders for the Sonic Rivals series have something to them that the current ones just don't have.
latest

Also can't forget Sonic Battle's art, it was so unique compared to the promotional art other games were using

latest

But if you were to ask me which design is my favorite, then I would probably say the 2020 Calendar art for Sonic Channel

latest

I feel like Sega didn't know which art direction the series should have gone during the 2000's (for the best and the worst).

That Rival render looks in-between his Adventure/Advance era and his more modern 06/Unleashed design, I kinda like it.

Who drew the artwork in Sonic the Screensaver? I wonder why we didn't get a classic game or cartoon in the same style.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back