Resource icon

[Open Assets] BotSkin - Pair up any 2 characters

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Might wanna do some edits to this lua whenever someone, *I.e. Me* Plays a modded game with both Botskin and BuddyEX.

can someone tell me how to do addons player and bot for example playerbot modern sonic any one can tell me.thank you
Ahem.

The skins means characters, to use it you need to play as Sonic & Tails. Then open the console log (with the ~ key as default), type playerskin (to change your current character) or botskin (to change your partner) and the name of the character.
NOTE:Some custom characters like neo sonic or modern uses another type of nomination, try checking the latest log file and search "added skin [Name of the character]" to type that name properly)

So a while back MotdSpork made More Choices, which allowed you to combine Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles into any team of 2 that you wanted. This new Lua script I've created allows you to make a team of 2 out of ANY skins, including addons.

This script adds 2 console commands:

PLAYERSKIN <skin> - Sets your skin
BOTSKIN <skin> - Sets the bot's skin

Just start a game as Sonic & Tails (or any other pairing), then use the console commands to set your characters.
fun mod

Played around with Sonic & Knuckles. It was fun. Would it be possible to implement one more command that switches the player character with the bot character?

I think I found an issue with the add-on. More specifically, it's a compatibility issue with VL_super.lua. If the player character is any character that isn't able to turn Super by default (Tails, Amy, or Fang), they won't be able to transform, even with VL_super.lua loaded. I don't know why this is the case, as the VL_super.lua still works if I select those characters from the start. But then, of course, I don't have a bot following me.
is super.lua even on the message board? its usefulness is debatable anyway since pandoras box exists, but i guess its good for netgames

is super.lua even on the message board? its usefulness is debatable anyway since pandoras box exists, but i guess its good for netgames

It is. I only get mods from here. Also, I don't feel like 100%ing the game just to be able to go Super. lol

Last edited:
So a while back MotdSpork made More Choices, which allowed you to combine Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles into any team of 2 that you wanted. This new Lua script I've created allows you to make a team of 2 out of ANY skins, including addons.

This script adds 2 console commands:

PLAYERSKIN <skin> - Sets your skin
BOTSKIN <skin> - Sets the bot's skin

Just start a game as Sonic & Tails (or any other pairing), then use the console commands to set your characters.
Knuckles and Knuckles real everyone.

Então, há algum tempo, a MotdSpork fez More Choices, que permitia combinar Sonic, Tails e Knuckles em qualquer equipe de 2 que você quisesse. Este novo script Lua que criei permite que você faça uma equipe de 2 de QUALQUER skins, incluindo addons.

Este script adiciona 2 comandos de console:

PLAYERSKIN <pele> - define sua pele
BOTSKIN <pele> - define a pele do bot

Basta iniciar um jogo como Sonic & Tails (ou qualquer outro emparelhamento) e usar os comandos do console para definir seus personagens.
Os comandos não estão funcionando para mim ....

EDIT: Esqueça, descobri como usá-lo. Embora Idk como definir Neo Sonic como um bot
nao faz sentido o neo-sônica pra ser n(eo)sonic so que e msonic e nao nsonic

The commands aren't working for me....

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out how to use it. Though Idk how to set Neo Sonic as a bot
Neo sonic is msonic in console
Post automatically merged:

Guys there is any way i can like add a bot to the game? Like there is sonic and tails but if i want to add knux there is any way?

Hey how do you get neo sonic to work

In botskin ov

The only thing that would make this better, is if this could be used without needing to use the console command. (Which I don't know if that's possible). (Like Sonic & Amy being one of the options in player select. Or even a Sonic Advance like "Choose your partner.") But that's not possible with LUA I think.
with 2.2.10's upcoming bot features i could see this being a thing
Hey how do you get neo sonic to work

In botskin ov
botskin msonic. A tip for finding out what you have to type for any addon character is just going into their files in slade and looking what "SkinName=" is in their SOC
1641651045237.png

with 2.2.10's upcoming bot features i could see this being a thing

botskin msonic. A tip for finding out what you have to type for any addon character is just going into their files in slade and looking what "SkinName=" is in their SOC View attachment 59860
I have figured it out ok now please stop quoting my post

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back