• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

I need recommendations for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soniku11

Hey! sorry for making lose the precious time of whoever's reading this.

So, my ever first map was originally was run test map which it was just a small room full with all of the monitor in Golden variant and a long str8 foward line with red springs to
make the player bounce back in a loop. And now after a lot of months having it abandoned
i decided to properly remake it. But there is a big issue with this.

I dont have time enough to inspect all of the vanilla maps and inspect the way they were created, adding also the high probability to get my pc fried because a quite heavy map to be loaded.
So, here is where i need the recommendation and ideas from experimented map makers.

even if I already done an infinte loop speedy room using proper tps, another room for climbing and a pool of lava and another with water at the side. I Need the ideas and suggestions from experimented map makers, as i want to test any Character in the most kind of situations as possible. Just like the tutorial level. The same essence

Here's my suggestions: hard parkouring, 2D section, labyrinth and a slightly challenging puzzle.

the idea is to challenge and test the Character, not the player. I mean, to see what it's capable of. For example, how fast can Metal Sonic go on his second overload phase, or how fast knux moves when in the climbing state. That's the point of the map. I wanna do a lot of obstacles and things you ca do to test the chars performance, or even custom abilitys like Skip's shields abilitys when doing His dive. But the issue is that what i mentioned before. I dont have enough time to check them all the vanilla maps, and dont wanna neither risk my pc by trying to load a heavy and big as Hell map.

Here's my suggestions: hard parkouring, 2D section, labyrinth and a slightly challenging puzzle.

This is usually terrible. I did it myself and it's disgusting

the idea is to challenge and test the Character, not the player. I mean, to see what it's capable of. For example, how fast can Metal Sonic go on his second overload phase, or how fast knux moves when in the climbing state. That's the point of the map. I wanna do a lot of obstacles and things you ca do to test the chars performance, or even custom abilitys like Skip's shields abilitys when doing His dive. But the issue is that what i mentioned before. I dont have enough time to check them all the vanilla maps, and dont wanna neither risk my pc by trying to load a heavy and big as Hell map.

I do not really understand the essence of the question. Just take... and do it? Check out vanilla and custom levels for where they are.

This is usually terrible. I did it myself and it's disgusting

I do not really understand the essence of the question. Just take... and do it? Check out vanilla and custom levels for where they are.

Have you actually read my comment? as i said, dont have time Enough to check all of the vanilla maps, and a lof of then are quite big and overloaded with scripts that my pc cant handle them without getting fried, or takin 3 years to save less than 4 changes on the map

Have you actually read my comment? as i said, dont have time Enough to check all of the vanilla maps, and a lof of then are quite big and overloaded with scripts that my pc cant handle them without getting fried, or takin 3 years to save less than 4 changes on the map

Neither i would have time for the custom maps. They're infinitely a lot more than vanilla. For obvious reasons. The map im still working on doesnt suppose to have an end. Or even be challenging by itself, like my map Underwater Volcano which its sligthly challenging on purpose

---------- Post added at 07:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

Are you in a hurry somewhere? Mapping is slow, man.

I mean, not a hurry by itself. But it seeing how complex vanilla maps are, it just makes me sad. And oreffer having the idea directly told to me, like the first comment. And about the pc probably dying, yeah, thats completely true. Ask STJ Devs why do they make quite big maps. My pc its too weak to actually handle them. At least till GFZ, and all of the bosses, except metal race.

One Time i edited DSZ 2 deleting the whole water of the map because wanted to see how funny ill be. No joking if i told you that it took almost 5 mins to proccess. Maybe 10 if we count that i had to do it twice cuz it crashed the first time i was trying to save the file.

And also my high lack of imagination is always bugging me alot and i got kinda stressed by trying think something that doesnt copy something already done for the og maps. Only doing a reference to it and maybe some day it will take more time thinking how to even name the map, than the time it would take actually making it

Last edited:
Sorry, but it's not our fault that you have such a weak PC. You can't do something big and awesome because your computer just can't do it!

And also my high lack of imagination is always bugging me alot and i got kinda stressed by trying think something that doesnt copy something already done for the og maps. Only doing a reference to it and maybe some day it will take more time thinking how to even name the map, than the time it would take actually making it

I answered this question for a long time. Perhaps you are simply not equipped for this? And you cannot do it. Because you are that kind of person. In fact, it's sad when you want to do something, but you can't do it.

Sorry, but it's not our fault that you have such a weak PC. You can't do something big and awesome because your computer just can't do it!

I answered this question for a long time. Perhaps you are simply not equipped for this? And you cannot do it. Because you are that kind of person. In fact, it's sad when you want to do something, but you can't do it.

Why are you sorrying? i know i cant explore them, without having a constant crash or freeze risk. This is why i made this thread so i can directly have the ideas right here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back