Drunk Sonic S_SKIN Error

NickplayzYT

Snoc YouTuber
idk what this error means, can any srb2 Geniuses help me translate what it means?
Capture.PNG

unknown.png

This is what the S_Skin looks like, case you were wondering.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

idk what this error means, can any srb2 Geniuses help me translate what it means?
Capture.PNG

i fixed the error but he isnt showing on the CSS Screen... what do i do?

Last edited:
take out the . in S SKIN maybe that will work

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

i fixed the error but he isnt showing on the CSS Screen... what do i do?

if u put offsets on the css then it wont show put both of the offsets to 0,0

take out the . in S SKIN maybe that will work

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

if u put offsets on the css then it wont show put both of the offsets to 0,0

the offsets are 00 00

The name in S_SKIN must be strictly lowercase and with no spaces (use underscores if you have to). This is used for identification purposes by the game; it's the internal nam after all.
realname is the name that will be shown in score tallies, player setup and so on, and can have uppercase characters - just no spaces (use underscores - they will be changed into spaces by the game).

More info on S_SKIN.

Like Rapidgame7 said, it needs to be lowercase. Check if the graphic is under the S_SKIN text.

Like Rapidgame7 said, it needs to be lowercase. Check if the graphic is under the S_SKIN text.

this is the entire SOC_PLAY

Character
SkinName = dson
DisplayName = drunksonic
PlayerText = ^4Drunk Sonic^0 Just Had maybe too many Drinks and gotten into a couple Bar fights

^4UNFINISHED^0 This is an unfinished mod :0

Lol Have FUn, Gott go fasst
#

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Maybe i should just make a new thread...

Why?
The answers to your issue are in this thread!

i dont see it, can you explain why this isnt working, wheni activate the mod he doesnt show up on the character select screen

Character
SkinName = dson
DisplayName = drunksonic
PlayerText = ^4Drunk Sonic^0 Just Had maybe too many Drinks and gotten into a couple Bar fights

#

The CSS image is the normal srb2 sonic css image and its position is 00 00

Scroll up?

• In S_SKIN:
    • name must be lowercase and must contain no spaces. This is the internal name used by the game.
    • realname can have uppercase characters, but must contain no spaces (you can use underscores, the game will change them to spaces later). This is used in player setup, intermissions and others.
  • In SOC_PLAY:
    • SkinName must be the exact same as the S_SKIN's name.
    • DisplayName can be anything, I don't remember if spaces were okay, but I think they're not.

Scroll up?

• In S_SKIN:
    • name must be lowercase and must contain no spaces. This is the internal name used by the game.
    • realname can have uppercase characters, but must contain no spaces (you can use underscores, the game will change them to spaces later). This is used in player setup, intermissions and others.
  • In SOC_PLAY:
    • SkinName must be the exact same as the S_SKIN's name.
    • DisplayName can be anything, I don't remember if spaces were okay, but I think they're not.

srb20013.gif

still doesnt work

S_SKIN:

name = drunksonic
flags = SF_SUPER
realname = drunk
hudname = DSONIC
startcolor = 96
prefcolor = Blue
supercolor = Purple
ability = CA_THOK
actionspd = 60
normalspeed = 36
thrustfactor = 5
accelstart = 96
acceleration = 40
contspeed = 17
contangle = 3

SOC_PLAY

Character
SkinName = drunksonic
DisplayName = DrunkSonic

#

Ah, that's actually pretty odd
Try adding Status = 1 right before PlayerText

Also check this: https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Character_select

Like this?

Character
SkinName = drunksonic
DisplayName = DrunkSonic
Status = 1

#

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

with the status it still isnt showing up should i just give the pk3 and see if you can check whats wrong?

Sorry, I'm not sure myself. It's a weird issue
Might want to wait if someone offers a different solution?

I know!
go to you're XTRAB0 and click this the offsets button and click set offsets to 0 for first box and second box 0 then you're good to go

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back