Post your pics/art here!

If you want to know, nobody is truly original, or a genius, because everything is based on inspiration or copying other things. Going to school? You're basically copying what someone else is teaching. Although don't get the wrong idea, I'm not saying that originality is something nobody should bother with. What I mean is that discussing what originality truly is will more likely be a waste of time. Probably the same goes for perfection.

However, I appreciate people at least TRY to be original, rather than just recoloring Tails or something like Burning-Fox did just to then overreact to defend his fancharacters and think any backstory makes up for the bad design. If you want to know what I think about them, I don't like them at all, due to most of the cases being self inserts to the Sonic universe or just copying designs, like really. I appreciate that people like Hinote did try to make something more-so appropriate and original, but I still don't recommend that people test their designing and story creativity with Sonic content.

In all seriousness, this fan character bullcrap is getting on my nerves, it ruined one of the only threads I like in General Discussion, and find this picture to be rather fitting in here. Both for fitting to the context right now and the thread's purpose.

ic1npy.png
Can't say I disagree with anything you've said thus far. The comment relating originality to perfection was more of a personal remark, and wasn't meant to spark a discussion of any kind. It's as you said: if we were to discuss that, it'd be a waste of time. Plus, we'd probably all be here for hours anyways.

In any case, I suppose it's up to the individual whether or not they decide to use Sonic as the base for their experimentation, though doing so does leave them rather limited in their options, and then this whole "originality" bit comes into play and it's just bleh. Can't really word it any better than that, heh.

Love the picture, by the way. It is extremely fitting.

The subject about Sonic fan characters in art is rather silly to get serious about, especially in this thread. I was only stating a point if one were to try and design a Sonic character, it would be difficult to be original. I do have to agree with MotorRoach though, if someone were to practice designing characters, I wouldn't use Sonic material as practice.

Personally, I prefer to design robots and other mechs like I have in my classes.

I'm going to go post one of my doodles I did one night because if there's one thing I wish to have, it would be the ability to never sleep and still function because I have so many things I could be doing while sleeping. Sleep is a waste of time.

This is me in a nutshell when someone tells me to go to sleep.

sleepy_doodle_by_sevencolorsalice-d7dljsh.png

Hey, that's really cute!

BUT!

It's got a human form, with cat ears. You've managed to steal designs from both the feline race, AND the human. And I'd swear that thing is a mechanical koopa. How sickeningly unoriginal of you.

I gave up on reading that post once you said "GET OVER IT". Stop thinking the overuse of casual or army clothes makes up for a Sonic character's design, that's something everyone tries to do to make their character "stylish" and it's overdone, while in the Sonic universe, like, only girls wear clothes, and they are not even that overdetailed either. Not all of your FCs look bad, but you try to compensate for the designs with a bunch of clothes, it doesn't help on the design. The only one of those that I can tolerate is the last one for being more so simple.

There is already a super form available for Tails, making another one is just more unoriginal than Dragon Ball Z, and completely unnecessary. When you claim Super Tails is unoriginal, you go and make something EVEN WORSE.

"Nobody starts with a completely original design", you say, but it's your own fucking fault for sticking with just Sonic designs, it just proves you are not even trying to be creative. Go draw a giraffe, a frog, a turtle, anything else without basing it on Sonic, that would already be a great step outside your delusional little world of "creativity" based on Sonic, if you care so much about trying to be creative, because trying to make something unique with Sonic designs is a blatant waste of time, if you are going to just go and make long posts defending your badass fan characters.

Get the hell off your high horse, nobody has to tolerate you for your Unwarranted Self Importance just because you think your fan characters are not all that bad. If you don't want to be called out on your own bullcrap, do something about it, anything but defend your goddamn fan characters. I recommend you don't even bother trying to reply, because I feel I already said more than I should. Jesus Christ.

By the way, here's some Darius ship.

6h2vk2.gif

EDIT: Mystic, I hate you so much right now. I honestly thought you knew better than that.

Last edited:
I hope you are done, Burning-Fox, because I can't help but stress the point that your argument for defending your fan characters is silly and you shouldn't have to make it such a big deal just because others are criticising you for it. Technically I don't see MotorRoach flaming you for your fan characters and rather he is explaining to you how to designing a character at a better approach. Of course, if you take art and designing seriously, you'd probably understand his point of view.

You're only giving yourself attention and it's really unnecessary. If you like your fan characters so much, fine, but don't expect people to like them. It's hard enough already to take you seriously when you try to defend your fan characters.

Here is a squishy version of Metallia, parody of those sukusuku's from Touhou.

sukusuku_metallia_by_sevencolorsalice-d7culxi.png

And another picture from this video game because I can't stop drawing Metallia, her hair is too fun to draw. The coloring process on this was different from my usual painting style so I had a lot of fun doing this picture.

the_witch_and_the_hundred_knight_by_sevencolorsalice-d7d3404.png

Not gonna lie, fox, I was hoping you'd be smarter than this.

Most of us are trying to give you feedback on how to improve, but you're too fazed by the criticism to let it sink in. I hope when you're older you'll grow some thicker skin.

Last edited:
If the whole point of your Burning-Fox is to represent you because that's who you play as in Match/CTF, then so be it. But don't think it's any more original than anything else we get on here.

If you want to dazzle anyone on here with your creativity, think outside the box and do things that haven't been done yet.

Like I said earlier: a different species. A reason for existing (is it just a representation of who you play as in CTF? is it a unique character with fun abilities someone can play as?). Intelligent color scheming and the right amount of detail (don't clutter up your designs with useless shit, keep it practical). Don't use Sonic, Shadow, or Tails as a base. (Or any character for that matter.) Start from scratch.

EDIT: Alternatively, you could just make a character not based off of the Sonic franchise. I'm trying to argue the validity of a decently executed fancharacter; what is my life

Last edited:
AltoFreezorStratusConceptV6.png

Something non-Sonic that is used as a way to design a new character? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? (also, this is Alto "Freezor" Stratus, a character of mine that I made that is a rebuild from this old Sonic FanCharacter of mine.)

The stylization (especially of the face) seems a bit out of place. If you change his proportions to be a little more condensed and cartoonized it would probably fit in. (For instance, make the arm cannon and hand bigger so that they stand out.)

I think my eyes just burned from those bad things you call "drawings." You can barely see the eyes on Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow.

Well "Thanks" >:(
Ugh, critics.

Maximus Universal:
maximus_universal_by_maximus_universal-d7egjxx.png

I choose 2 lines to make the eyes, have a problem with that?
Your post might have just ruined my day.

And they're not drawings, they're sprites.

EDIT: NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING!!!!

HMS123311:
hms123311_by_maximus_universal-d7ehaoi.png

Last edited:
Hey you idiots: Grow the fuck up. That means ALL of you. This conversation should have ended here:

...if someone were to practice designing characters, I wouldn't use Sonic material as practice.
This is a thread for posting art. It's not a thread for posting how awesome your original character do not steal is. If I hear more out of this bullshit after this post, bans will be issued.

Maximus Universal, I don't think you should use the two small lines as eyes. It's not very readable. I understand if you like it, but it took me a while to find the eyes in earlier pictures.

I'm gonna delve a bit into the past with these next two. I can't say I know for sure how long ago they were sketched, but I want to say approximately half a year, if not around that general period of time.

The first one here is more of an idea I had. "What if Gallade had a Mega Evolution to compliment Gardevoir's?" The concept developed fairly quickly and resulted in the following:

8951x
To go with that, I also designed what I initially would have expected Mega Gardevoir's design to look like; something a bit less "elegant", and a bit more "heavenly", in a sense:

8952S
Anyways, just a couple of little ol' doodles of mine from the past. :V

Not gonna lie, I didn't even notice the pupils in the eyes in Maximus's sprite until other people pointed them out.

Kind of sloppy but I was focusing more on design than technique here.
practice_by_tainted_coil-d7eimgy.png

Those three are characters of mine. (from left to right, Charlie, Atmus, Piraja) Just practicing drawing them.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back