Steve Jobs has passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll Begin

🐑✨
http://www.apple.com/

For those who don't know, he's been sick for quite some time, and today he passed away :(

Via Kotaku.au: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/10/breaking-news-steve-jobs-has-died/
A statement from Apple stated the following…

We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve Jobs passed away today.

Steve’s brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve.

His greatest love was for his wife, Laurene, and his family. Our hearts go out to them and to all who were touched by his extraordinary gifts.

A message on the Apple website invited people to send their condolences to this email address.

“Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius,” says the message, “and the world has lost an amazing human being.”

Wow, this is really sad. The shock of learning about it about 15 minutes ago hasn't quite worn off.

Although my family and I have always been PC-users, I've always been enthralled with the way that Apple designs their products since their revitalization in the late 1990s (after Jobs rejoined Apple's board of directors). I'm especially fond of the original iMac, as a work of art more than anything else.

I've heard that he had pancreatic cancer. I'll keep him in my prayers as the best inventor of the iPod; a thing that most people love.

Steve Jobs, thank you for bringing Apple products in the world.

I didn't know Steve Jobs very well but i think he was a very nice person with a big heart to the world.

Steve Jobs, Rest In Peace.

Well, it was bound to happen eventually. Can't really call him an "innovator"; he mostly just developed and perfected the art of selling cool. Still, without him Apple would have never gotten off the ground, and without Apple we probably wouldn't have things like online music stores, Windows Vista, or computer mice. Sayonara, Steve-o. We'll miss you.

So how long do you think it's gonna take for Apple to go bankrupt this time?

Steve will be sorely missed, he was an inspiration to many including myself with his vision to change the world. I often used to him to inspire myself when I was gearing up for public speaking, he had a way with words like no other and was one of the greatest public speakers I've ever seen (seriously, the PR guys who do events at E3 have nothing on him, he actually believed in his products). Steve began revolutions and we'd probably still be living in a world without good smartphones and tablets unlike now. Yes they were around before but nobody took either market very seriously.

Who knows where Apple will go now...

On another note, his dedication was very apparent, he only dropped out of Apple a mere two months before passing away, which just goes to show how determined and dedicated he was to being Apple's CEO.

Suddenly this means a lot more than it used to...

Steve Jobs said:
“Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure — these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.

Last edited:
I've just learned that Steve died through Google's homepage. Really sad; I was disappointed. He was one of the people who set the basics for PC's, and a lot more. We will miss him. *Moment of silence*

Eh yeah, he did what he had to, now we have a good portable series of devices, USB ports and stuff, though I don't really care much for someone's death, despite how famous it was.

"Ten years ago, we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope, and no Cash."

I don't know where this message came from.

Though i have not used one of those i-phones before, I understand how a useful and respectable he was. If he didn't invent the mouse we wouldn't have free will over cyberspace. Heres to Steve.

So tragic... although he has been suffering from cancer since 2004 it seems nearly impossible for such a great person to pass away so tragically. In some ways it feels to me as the apple products may just lose their touch.

If he didn't invent the mouse we wouldn't have free will over cyberspace.
Steve Jobs didn't invent the mouse. In fact, he didn't invent anything. His merits are in popularizing a lot of things we use today and making them more accessible and appealing to the general public.

BTW:

Dennis Ritchie
, creator of the C programming language and a key developer of the UNIX operating system, passed away on October 12, 2011.

Well, it seems they'll have a party in the Havens.

Last edited:
People call him a great person because he was the CEO of a small company, and made them big. I don't particularly care about that. If it wasn't him, it may have been someone else.
I often used to him to inspire myself when I was gearing up for public speaking
I personally think inspiring people - even in small ways, is a sign of greatness. Like is as shown.

I personally won't mourn in any serious way. I prefer to leave that to the loved ones, but I suppose the fans will too.

Originally Posted by Ezer.Arch
BTW:

Dennis Ritchie
, creator of the C programming language and a key developer of the UNIX operating system, passed away on October 12, 2011.

Well, it seems they'll have a party in the Havens.

Let their legacy live on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back