Sonic Humans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonnarkku

Obamasnow Fan-- With a Hat
Ok. I made this topic to discuss, how is people from Sonic the Hedgehog series really suppoused to be made?

Should they be like the ones previously shown in Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic and the Secret rings and Sonic the Hedgehog 2006?(Real life) or should they be like the ones from Sonic Chronicles: the Dark Brotherhood and Sonic Unleashed?(Notably Cartoony)

Looks from either SA1 or Unleashed, but I'd prefer them to be unimportant like in SA1. You know, so you don't have to talk to them, and they have no names and lack the annoying personalities some of the Unleashed humans have. Just unimportant background characters.

I don't really care what the humans look like or what their personalities are, yadda yadda, all I want is them to be completely optional. I get tired of talking to random people in Sonic games all the time. I liked it better in Sonic Adventure where I only had to talk to a human if I didn't exactly know where to go (and then I usually had Tikal for that).

So, yeah, I pretty much agree with I'll Begin.

Even though the cartoony versions makes the game look more for kids, they still fit the Sonic universe better than the non-cartoony one. You've got Eggman, a human being who's usually drawn cartoony, while all other humans look normal.

Even in Sonic X, there was a scene where Eggman was gonna snatch an Emerald that Chris had. His hands were so big, he could easily wrap one hand around a normal human head. It just doesn't look right.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Even in Sonic X, there was a scene where Eggman was gonna snatch an Emerald that Chris had. His hands were so big, he could easily wrap one hand around a normal human head. It just doesn't look right.

It least Robotnik (Eggman) looked normal in STH06.

That was an improvment by my eyes, but not as original really.

To quote the banditos of Blazing Saddles: "I don't need no stinking humans in my Sonic games!" Aside from Eggman that is.

Seriously, I just want to run through my Flying Battery Zone and bash some badniks.

Cartoony.

For starters, Sonic is a cartoon character. You can make his game as happy, dark, or epic as you want, but keep the fact in mind that he is a blue hedgehog with gloves and shoes, stands on two legs, and runs extremely fast; clearly, Sonic is meant to be a cartoon character, and as such, he should look like one. Since his body proportions and face are unrealistic, other characters should follow suit if they want to fit into the series. Professor Pickle looked like the perfect character to fit into a Sonic game in spite of the fact that he's a human, whereas Sonic could crush Elise's skull with only one of his hands. Not to mention Professor Pickle is an awesome character in every way whereas Elise sucks, but that's besides the point.

Chisuun said:
I liked it better in Sonic Adventure where I only had to talk to a human if I didn't exactly know where to go (and then I usually had Tikal for that).

Well, usually, the humans were just there to make the adventure fields more scenic. They generally didn't say anything useful to you at all, but at least some of them comment on how ridiculous the Station Square train schedule is, which I thought was pretty amusing.

Robotnik looks cartoony, well, used to. Now he looks more humanish. I'd prefer they fit with the rest of the humans in the sonic series (the next-gen series anyway), as long as you don't have to interact with any of them.

I´ve seen many different oppinions from you all, but now, thinking of how realistic Sonic series should be, personally I would say that Shara and Erazor Djin-styled characters make it, in my opinion, Erazor Djin wasn´t so realistic or too cartoony. So I think it fists, right?

But characters on series being so different, maked it hard to get the whole saga as one, making Sonic random.

making Sonic random

That's the entire sonic universe in a nut shell.

Being too realistic was faliure, but being too cartoony seems to be failing as well. Die-hard Fans are pretty much destroying their "worshiper" Sonic where as SRB2 is patching the holes.

I'd be best if they didn't exist at all... It did in the origanal sonic the hedgehog... What made sega change their tune on humans? Shouden't sonic's world have... well lets see, SONIC characters?

I know... But even thought they say 'earth' many times there are no gealogical fetures of the planet to signafy the planet as being earth. Plus I don't know why they had to go to 'EARTH' anyway...

That's the thing I never liked about the classic-to-Adventure transition in the Sonic series. In the Genesis days, Sonic and co. were in practically an all-animal world with the only industrial areas being those under the rule of Dr. Robotnik. Then all of the characters suddenly looked remarkably different and were placed in an environment that wasn't South Island, the floating island, or anything relating to the planet Mobius, and there's never any clear explanation as to why.

I heard the change had something to do with keeping consistent with some event in a Sonic comic, but I don't keep track of that crap.

Blue Warrior said:
That's the thing I never liked about the classic-to-Adventure transition in the Sonic series. In the Genesis days, Sonic and co. were in practically an all-animal world with the only industrial areas being those under the rule of Dr. Robotnik. Then all of the characters suddenly looked remarkably different and were placed in an environment that wasn't South Island, the floating island, or anything relating to the planet Mobius, and there's never any clear explanation as to why.

I heard the change had something to do with keeping consistent with some event in a Sonic comic, but I don't keep track of that crap.
I can help with this, AHEM, In one of the story arcs of the American comics there was a city called station square, this city was hidden and only recently got discovered by some...dude in a lab coat (It has been a while since I read it) so sonic and co went to explore it and hopefully find some new Allys to help fight egg man., so if this arc is cannon (which I doubt) Then Sonic and co never left there planet, they are just in a different area then usual, but then again who still reads the American comics nowadays?
(also I would like to state that I haven't read any of the comics in 2 to 3 years, I just have good memory)

Shiruba said:
Well, in the next gen sonic games, the sonic characters are not on Mobious, they're on earth.

OMG.

There is no such thing as Mobius. During an interview with Yugi Naka about Sonic Two, he was talking about Mobius loops and somehow that got mistranslated to "Sonic lives in Mobius!"

Anyways, I like the cartoonish look. It fits more.

I didn't know about the mis-translation! That's entertaining. ^^

So... what about the pic SEGA did of a human-ish Sonic. It kind of scares me, but I'm just putting it out there.

tgs_sonic3_32.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back