Is SEGA going to cancel Sonic the Hedgehog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eliwood said:
I don't think that Sonic's doing bad, a lot of people say that Sonic Unleashed was a bad game...well, here's a fun fact, "When Sonic Unleashed was released in UK, over 400,000 copies were sold in 1 day" So... so much for Mario doing better than Sonic.

Europe has ALWAYS been a huge Sonic country. Infact, Sonic topped polls in Europe as favored video game charecter. English Sonic fans are plentiful, and though here in America, we think he's dying, in Europe everyone is still lovin the blue guy.

Eliwood said:
I don't think that Sonic's doing bad, a lot of people say that Sonic Unleashed was a bad game...well, here's a fun fact, "When Sonic Unleashed was released in UK, over 400,000 copies were sold in 1 day" So... so much for Mario doing better than Sonic.
Mario has done much better than this before. What does sales have to with the quality of the game?

And Plus...what About this?
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44488.html
I don't see Mario Trying anything new, he does the exact same thing over and over again in his game, ever heard of that game "Sonic Extreme"? That was Super Mario Galaxy At Least 10 Years before it came out...Sonic is going to change the way people think about him, he should be cooler after this.

This topic has been blown WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY of course. I still think that this topic is pointless. If sonic is canceled, SRB2 is canceled, and SEGA goes away forever.

Actually, If they Give up Sonic, SRB2 could Own Sonic! That means that SSNTails and all of the crew won't have to stop making things because then they could make new Sonic Games...That would be Online AND Awesome! If Sega canceled Sonic, SSN should take the poor hedgehog in!

Eliwood said:
Actually, If they Give up Sonic, SRB2 could Own Sonic! That means that SSNTails and all of the crew won't have to stop making things because then they could make new Sonic Games...That would be Online AND Awesome! If Sega canceled Sonic, SSN should take the poor hedgehog in!
No, Just no.

Critically NO.

Nintendo Should have The Ole Hedgehogs Speed, Why? Because Mario Series Is Alright, If Nintendo Has Sonic, Best thing ever.

Sonic Should Go Out With a Bang

I'm Certainly Aware That Unleashed was his big bang.

I never really got the logic behind the whole "Sonic+Nintendo=win" thing. The fact of the matter is that the nature of the Sonic games inherently works poorly in 3D games (especially if you take into account current industry standards, in which a game must be X hours long or recieve critical panning etc.) any developer would have a hard time making a 3D Sonic game.

Eitherway were Sega to go down I'm sure there'd be plenty of house willing to snag the rights to the series, say what you want about the quality of his latest 'venture, but the little blue guy sure has selling power (for now, anyway).

EDIT:

Europe has ALWAYS been a huge Sonic country. Infact, Sonic topped polls in Europe as favored video game charecter. English Sonic fans are plentiful, and though here in America, we think he's dying, in Europe everyone is still lovin the blue guy.

^This. Infact, AOST, SATAM and Underground all still air regularly around here, as well as a shit ton of people having those classic Sonic shirts and merch.

Nathan Speed said:
Eliwood said:

I'm in Europe, I was one of the biggest pessimists of Unleashed here.

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
TrueTenguMan said:
SONIC'S SENTRY said:
TrueTenguMan said:
SuperSonicStar* said:
Im not beleiving that SEGA is going to cancel Sonic. But, even if they don't, there still going to go out of business. Unlike SEGA, Nitendeo will be staying a while sence theylnow how to make good Mario games. If you look at sonic's record, you'll see that after -Sonic Adventure 2 Battle- was out, they lost all ideas. There doing the same things in every Sonic Game; Eggman tries to build Eggmanland, Sonic stops him. Nothing new going on, so Im expecting SEGA to crash in about 2 years.

Um...though true, it's the same with mario games.

Something new, but different style. Lets not forget the sport games from them bring some but little entertainment. And super mario galaxy is the same thing with the princess saving, but with a different meme: " Sorry but the princess is in another GALAXY!"
So true.

Wait.... What? Sonic doesn't rehash the same old storyline.... Mario's the-do-the-same-thing-all-the-time guy. What are you talking about, SSS?

Few other games repeat the same defeat eggman storyline, or defeat the bizzaro eggman (nega) which was the same thing really.

But in truth, sega has been MORE original whith trying different styles of gameplay that wasn't sport related and turned out to be decent to say the least.

So it's really nintendo failing with their mascot; sega is getting their mascot back on track (and being successful with it as well).
Wow.... Finally, someone realizes that besides the platformers, that Mario is one of the biggest losers of all time. Wow....
And this is why I play Sonic more often than Mario.

Look at what Sonic has done. If you've seen STH on 360. His not that fast. His feet move fast but he dosen't; that was a big rip-off. Sonic goes with the same stuff. Haven't you noticed that in every game, Sonic goes SuperSonic and kills the enemy without remorse. Every game you can think of that has the Sonic name brand on it does that. Nintendo do the same things, but at least they make good games with a good story.* Sonic go supersonic! Sonic: OK!* Sonic: Haaaaa, im supersonic! Your going to get your ass pwned now sucka!. Eggman: Oh no, I've lost again. Oh well, I'll do it over in two more years.*

I got to completely disagree. Sonic has always been a good franchise. Though I do think 06 went a little overboard. Its sonic nerds like me thats keept it from dying. Plus I think that the storyline in a game almost overules the gameplay. 1 more reason I play them.

SuperSonicStar* said:
Look at what Sonic has done. If you've seen STH on 360. His not that fast. His feet move fast but he dosen't; that was a big rip-off. Sonic goes with the same stuff. Haven't you noticed that in every game, Sonic goes SuperSonic and kills the enemy without remorse. Every game you can think of that has the Sonic name brand on it does that. Nintendo do the same things, but at least they make good games with a good story.* Sonic go supersonic! Sonic: OK!* Sonic: Haaaaa, im supersonic! Your going to get your ass pwned now sucka!. Eggman: Oh no, I've lost again. Oh well, I'll do it over in two more years.*

TrueTenguMan explained my reason why already said:
The reason why I said Mario was kinda failing was that he's just sticking with the same genres nintendo was giving him. Though his games were doing better than our blue hedgehog, sonic kinda wins for at least trying something different and surviving the flames from fans and biased critics (some biased critics).

Well im done with that.

*Edit: And enough about STH 06 already, I think most of us happen to know that it was a complete let down, a monstrosity, ect.

There can be ways to save Sonic from people who think he should die....the best way is to remake the old 2D Sonic Games (Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3...ect.)

TrueTenguMan said:
The reason why I said Mario was kinda failing was that he's just sticking with the same genres nintendo was giving him. Though his games were doing better than our blue hedgehog, sonic kinda wins for at least trying something different and surviving the flames from fans and biased critics (some biased critics).
What? When did Mario's generic story ever fail him? II think the main reason why people dislike Sonic game's story because there always is an "epic finale" gets pretty monotonous.

A SuperSonic finale everytime. You beat the boss with regular sonic and then you play with a superform. It kinda happenes almost every sonic game.

Eliwood said:
I don't see Mario Trying anything new, he does the exact same thing over and over again in his game, ever heard of that game "Sonic Extreme"?
Umm, considering Sonic Extreme was never even released, I'd hardly call comparing it to Mario Galaxy fair. And personally, I'd call using completely gravity based spherical worlds far more inovative than tacking a sword onto the main character.

Black Knight looks like it plays like secret rings...anyway, I doubt Sonic is getting canceled. Sega would lose a lot of fans, including me, sonic is the only game I buy from them.

Crush40 said:
Black Knight looks like it plays like secret rings...anyway, I doubt Sonic is getting canceled. Sega would lose a lot of fans, including me, sonic is the only game I buy from them.
...It's the sequel to Secret Rings, but plays like SU daytime stages.

Anyway, SEGA honestly can't cancel Sonic even if they wanted to. It's the only game they make that sells enough to pay the bills. Well... other than Phantasy Star Online.

well I finally found out that sega was doing the damage to sonic team (I guess I have to apologize to my dad.......).

I dont understand why sega beame so greedy they weren’t this selfish back then just look at sonic 1, 2, and 3.

Luminous said:
TrueTenguMan said:
What? When did Mario's generic story ever fail him? II think the main reason why people dislike Sonic game's story because there always is an "epic finale" gets pretty monotonous.

Mario has never REALLY failed.
But a lot of critics have said the sports games weren't that great.(The baseball port,original 7,Wii port 4/10)

Also....how come everyone thinks Nintendo will fix it.
You see a good mario title...every year or 2.

I'd rather like Sega making like 7 Sonic games a year instead of 1(with spin-offs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back