• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Spectorious's spectoriously shit shitshow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectorious

Certified synth whore
First off, I'd like to wish a Happy New Year to everyone! Srb2's had long ride over this past decade, and with the recent release of 2.2, we've surely gone out with a bang!

Guess I've been kinda neglecting the MB for a little while too long now for the most part. Just due the sheer ease of assess and near instant messaging/feedback that the Srb2 Discord server provides. Also I just need a more set in stone and organised way to documenting all this shit, for both my sake and everyone else's.

So yea uhh.... let's fix that shall we! :)

Vs8LcXW.png

rsvMyJG.png

YdCUWy6.png

AvVM95Y.png

pG3WXCS.png

smqFBdy.png

lWwrT9m.png

H-hey, no fair, I just got done ruining SRB2! You can't, just, save it like that!!!

I know I've already told you, but man does this look good- and you actually ended up making (the majority of the textures) all by yourself, you heckin' loon!

Now where's Act 1--

The first screenshot looks kind of mushy, with all the different pinks dominating the view. Like, it still works, because the green railings on the side guide the eyes, but I wonder if you could balance that out visually, perhaps by using a floor texture of a different color? That said, I'm not aware if this is a reference to something (the replies are kinda confusing me) so if that's intentional then that's cool.

Looking at the tops of the trees in the outdoor screenshots, particularly the third. Have you tried sloping the sky ceiling right next to those, to get a more "rounded" and less flat ceiling line from them? It might be worth a try, if the geometry below them allows for it. Again though, if that's intentional then you can just ignore me.

Aside from those teeny-tiny nitpicks, this looks super cool! It looks like a lot of care was taken to mesh the geometry and textures in a visually-appealing way that still helps guide the eyes around the room. The floating petal effect is gorgeous, too.

Looking at the tops of the trees in the outdoor screenshots, particularly the third. Have you tried sloping the sky ceiling right next to those, to get a more "rounded" and less flat ceiling line from them? It might be worth a try, if the geometry below them allows for it. Again though, if that's intentional then you can just ignore me.

This is a fair point. It's not something I can guarantee due to the geometry of those sectors already being very busy from both a linedef and vertex standpoint, but that's absolutely something worth messing around with! As those trees for the most part were an afterthought if anything, because in this instance the floors defiantly needed the sloping priority.

Last edited:
Oh hey, suppose I should at least attempt to keep this thread somewhat more active on my end. So uhh... bleh!

vdndUEw.png

R8qFbyj.png

AG1nfxT.png

If the stars align and everything goes according to plan, I should be able to release this "thing" to you all in the very, very near future! 8)

Oh wow, this looks very good...like, very VERY good!

Can't wait to look at every nook and cranny of this place. I can tell this'll be one of those stages i'll just spend an hour contemplating the scenery, i'm feeling a new potential desktop background!

"AAAAAAAAA"

Oh god oh fuck what is that
(shhh I know you know I've seen this before, the shock is only for comedic effect)

...I'd love to see this as an enemy. Horrifying lobster-like skeletons with eggman faces.
And, of course, the AI of green snappers, to embed fear into the souls of every person who crosses it.

Attachments

• It's a god damn creepypasta!.PNG
    It's a god damn creepypasta!.PNG
    47.5 KB · Views: 224
...I'd love to see this as an enemy. Horrifying lobster-like skeletons with eggman faces.

Actually, now that i look at it more closely... i'm pretty sure that's a trilobite! That means that these terrifying Eggman/Trilobite chimeras have existed for atleast 300 million years!
Also, unless these fosils were tampered with, wouldn't this possibly mean Eggman is a descendant of these creatures, making him not human!? Or maybe they're just look-alikes... Yikes!

Regardless of any of that, this art looks great! Really gives the whole place more personality and ambience.

Woahwoahwoah you got my attention with all those eggstinct eggsoskeletal remains entrenched in the walls and ceiling! I'm kinda interested in the reasoning why he altered with fossils... the off-putting hybrid of Eggman's image on prehistoric fauna actually is reminding me of the 19th century dinosaur researching in London where they pretty much just mixed-and-matched particular fossils they found into misassembled monstrosities as if they thought "yes, haha, this is what these actually looked like." Very cool levels in this thread so far.

Llitechiel ꙮ;819611 said:
I'm kinda interested in the reasoning why he altered with fossils..the walls and ceiling!

Haha, Who knows? Maybe he's trying to re-write history in his own image to portray some egotistical propagandist agenda he has to make the world believe he's some ancient prophet or something... idk sounded better in my head. Admittedly I haven't really put too much thought into this concept, it just popped into my head one day and I thought; "Huh, that's wacky idea, let's do it!" and here we are!

Llitechiel ꙮ;819611 said:
the off-putting hybrid of Eggman's image on prehistoric fauna actually is reminding me of the 19th century dinosaur researching in London where they pretty much just mixed-and-matched particular fossils they found into misassembled monstrosities as if they thought "yes, haha, this is what these actually looked like."

Oh shit, I completely forgot that was a thing that actually happened haha. That could easily be worked into this levels overall premise somehow, cause I'm really digging that as a concept, and it lines up perfectly from a thematic and practical point of view. Definitely an uncanny yet surprisingly convenient coincidence to say the least. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back